PDA

View Full Version : music

Herman Kuhn
February 2nd, 2008, 11:14 AM
Can anyone give a good recommendation for a waterproof mp3 player? I got the nu dolphin last week and it bombed out in the first session. It leaked apparently.

Thanks!!

HK

orca1946
February 2nd, 2008, 04:46 PM
sorry I'm no help. I hum alot!:dunno:

funkyfish
February 2nd, 2008, 05:15 PM
I think some other folks who post have been happy with the swimp3. If you already have an ipod shuffle then you might check out swimman.com as they can waterproof the shuffle. It's kinda expensive however, I've been waffling about doing the swimman route myself, but other items of interest crop up, like Chinese lunch buffet for a month. Good luck.
:banana:

Kurt Dickson
February 2nd, 2008, 06:06 PM
I got the original Finis Swim MP3 a few years back and it fell off my head every flip turn (couldn't push off fast or it would slip). I believe the new ones have incorporated the player into the bone conduction paddles and I've heard good things about the new design. The concept is really a good idea and does work as it uses bone conduction (actually "hear" it through your bone--any part of your skull works). I have no experience with the ones that are water proof and go directly into your ear.

Blackbeard's Peg
February 4th, 2008, 12:21 AM
yeah, there are a bunch of threads essentially asking this same question, and pretty much everyone recommends the Finis Swimp3 (http://www.finisinc.com/products-swimp3v2.shtml). I don't have it myself, but have used it.

fanstone
February 5th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I use the Finis Swimp3 when swimming on my own, without the coach. For swimming faster or swimming fly it might sound funny, as every time your ear is out of the water it diminishes the volume, unless you have a real tight ear plug fitted. As to turns, if you don't push hard it will stay put. I use mine a lot and enjoy it. billy fanstone

scwids
February 5th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Got a waterproof ipod shuffle from SwimMan and LOVE it. I also like their earphones a lot - stay on during flipturns. Definitely a little pricey, but so far I've been really happy with it.

blainesapprentice
February 5th, 2008, 10:54 PM
I have the swimp3 by Finis. I use it mostly when I am just doing consecutive long swims--30, 45, 60minute straight swims. I have used a few times for interval training--but I get a little distracted and have a harder time remembering what time i need to leave on haha.

I love it! there aren't any wires or anything to contend with as they are all on your head and out of sight and out of the way of the arms and such. I normally have a little trouble at the very beginning with positioning it just right on my head so it doesn't fall off on turns--but once I find that magic spot it's fine--even on hard, fast turns.

LonghornbackinTX
February 6th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I recently saw an add about waterproofing your iPod. No idea where I saw it though.

ViveBene
February 6th, 2008, 11:24 AM
sorry I'm no help. I hum alot!:dunno:

I hum, sing to myself, and sometimes sing out loud -- and I need all of it. Started with Billy Strayhorn's "Lush Life" while learning backstroke (slowly) and continue to call on songs when I need them. :agree:

Aftermarket waterproofing of the music player was (I think) mentioned in a recent thread on players. Maybe I can dig it up.

Here's a thread: http://forums.usms.org/showthread.php?t=8467

Regards, VB