PDA

View Full Version : Auburn Meet

Donna
February 11th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Good luck to those of you going this year. I will be thinking of you guys while I swim with my son at the StingRays Invitational. I had to give in this time since he let me do the Mt. Pleasant meet a few weeks ago.

I am hoping he will break a minute for his 50 Fly this time. I missed his first 50 fly and 100 IM. So this is my chance to see him swim both.

Glider
February 11th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks, Donna. We're leaving Saturday morning and staying at the Comfort Inn on S. College St.

Anyone else going? Last I heard, (S)he-Man and her hubby were...

Remember, Auburn, AL is in the Central Time Zone:

- The 1650 starts Saturday morning at 10:45 AM CT / 11:45 AM ET
- Events after the 1650 start at 1:15 PM CT / 2:15 PM ET

Donna, good luck at the StingRays Invite

Mark

Good luck to those of you going this year. I will be thinking of you guys while I swim with my son at the StingRays Invitational. I had to give in this time since he let me do the Mt. Pleasant meet a few weeks ago.

I am hoping he will break a minute for his 50 Fly this time. I missed his first 50 fly and 100 IM. So this is my chance to see him swim both.

Glider
February 12th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Psych sheet's up: http://www.ag.auburn.edu/~bailelc/psych2008.htm.

CreamPuff
February 12th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Thanks Mark. Saw the sheets. Hope to go provided I stay well and get rid of this nasty head cold I have. Staying at Tiger Inn and Suites.

Glider
February 12th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Yeah...your just scared cause we're in the same heat for the 50 BR again:thhbbb:

Hope you feel better

Thanks Mark. Saw the sheets. Hope to go provided I stay well and get rid of this nasty head cold I have. Staying at Tiger Inn and Suites.

Donna
February 12th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I am hoping this rain will wash down some of the pollen. My sinuses are going crazy. I sounded like a frog at practice today while yelling at my son to swim. He had to share a lane with the Old Lady, who by the way lapped him so many times for that comment!

Good luck everyone, I'll miss swimming with yall.

Glider
February 16th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Man, this is a fast meet in a fast, fast Auburn pool...:banana:

(S)he-man is blowing the doors off the pool. She went 17:52 and won the 1,650 (men and women.) Then went 24.88 in the 50 FR. Way to go Kristina!

In my events, 1:01.15 won the 100 BR (26 yo), and I was 4th in the 45-49 with a 1:06. 4th!

54.65 won the 100 IM (33 yo) and I was 5th in 45-49 with a 1:01. 5th!

Sheesh, I've got a long way to go:shakeshead:

50 and 200 BR tomorrow. Looking forward to swimming fast.

Glider
February 17th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Results are up. Many, many very fast swims:notworthy:

http://www.ag.auburn.edu/~bailelc/2008.results.htm

Donna
February 17th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Looks like the georgia contingent did a great job at this one. I really missed swimming with you guys but there was a 12 year old that swam next to me in each of my events and we had a chance to talk before and after each race.

As for me I felt like I was hacking up a lung most of the weekend. Even feeling like garbage I managed 2 best times (200 Fr and 200 Fly) out of 4 swims. Saturday was much better than Sunday. I was ready to scratch the last event but since several of the kids were having off days too I had to set the example and swim anyway.

As for my son he had 3 out of 4 personal bests. His last race his start looked like he was diving for money at the bottom of the pool. Oh well.

Now it is time to work hard until Nationals. Who is going to join me this year?

CreamPuff
February 18th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Mark,

It was great to sit by you and Cameron during the meet. He is SUCH a well behaved little boy!! My husband and I were amazed at his excellent manners!
I can tell that he LOVES being with his dad!

You looked great out there. :notworthy::notworthy:Loved watching all the breaststroke events. Your IM time also beats mine. Gah! It was fast.

Fast pool, eh? It was a great meet - we both had some good swims. I like this meet b/c no matter how I do, I recognize how much more work needs to be done.

See you at St. Pats?

Donna, no USMS Nats for me this year. BUT, great job to you and your son on the personal bests!!!

Glider
February 18th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Sounds like the Hooe clan held down the GA fort rather well at the StingRays Invite. Way to go on all those PBs!

Looks like the georgia contingent did a great job at this one. I really missed swimming with you guys but there was a 12 year old that swam next to me in each of my events and we had a chance to talk before and after each race.

As for me I felt like I was hacking up a lung most of the weekend. Even feeling like garbage I managed 2 best times (200 Fr and 200 Fly) out of 4 swims. Saturday was much better than Sunday. I was ready to scratch the last event but since several of the kids were having off days too I had to set the example and swim anyway.

As for my son he had 3 out of 4 personal bests. His last race his start looked like he was diving for money at the bottom of the pool. Oh well.

Now it is time to work hard until Nationals. Who is going to join me this year?

Glider
February 18th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks, but as you could see, I really have my work cut out for me...What IS it with the 45-49 men's age group?

With my times, I think I'd have WON almost every event I swam if I were in the 35-39, 40-44 and 50+ age groups. But in my 45 to 49, I'm coming in 3rd, 4th, and 5th.:frustrated:

Mid life crises, I guess...:dunno: At least that's what John Zeigler said when I was griping about it.

Yeah, I'll see ya'll at St. Patty's. No to USMS Nats for me, too.

Mark,

It was great to sit by you and Cameron during the meet. He is SUCH a well behaved little boy!! My husband and I were amazed at his excellent manners!
I can tell that he LOVES being with his dad!

You looked great out there. :notworthy::notworthy:Loved watching all the breaststroke events. Your IM time also beats mine. Gah! It was fast.

Fast pool, eh? It was a great meet - we both had some good swims. I like this meet b/c no matter how I do, I recognize how much more work needs to be done.

See you at St. Pats?

Donna, no USMS Nats for me this year. BUT, great job to you and your son on the personal bests!!!