PDA

View Full Version : SNOW DAYS

blainesapprentice
February 13th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Sorry--I just have to ask (especially any college student lurkers out there)...WHO DOESN'T LOVE SNOW DAYS?!

of course snow days at college don't mean snow day from practice--my coach made it there effectively at 5:45am like always. And actually they canceled afternoon classes for whatever reason and not morning classes--I guess they figure it's gonna get cold again and then the waters all gonna freeze--either way I'm ecstatic...it's really gross out and well...I hate writing fiction class. :banana:

Seagurl51
February 13th, 2008, 01:23 PM
OMG I love snow days!!!

We actually had 2 the other week. No class Thurs. or Friday. It was pretty much awesome.:banana: We're hoping too now that it's slowly getting warmer, that our ridiculous amount of snow will melt and give us flood days. ;)

blainesapprentice
February 13th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Lucky--I've only had 1 legit snow day in my entire college career. This is like the 3rd or 4th time ever that i've had the school cancel some classes.

aztimm
February 13th, 2008, 03:39 PM
When I was in college (early 90s), we made up any snow days with Saturday classes.

geochuck
February 13th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Bonn Homme days in Quebec is something else http://www.ttrn.com/dccarnival.htm

The Fortress
February 13th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Snow days suck. :frustrated: :rant3:

geochuck
February 13th, 2008, 10:34 PM
C'mon Fort Go through these fourteen pics and enjoy.

http://gocanada.about.com/od/quebe1/ig/Quebec-City-Winter-Carnival.--hi/Opening-Ceremony-Carnival.htm

Snow days suck. :frustrated: :rant3:

The Fortress
February 13th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Yes, all my relatives are French Canadian. But after living in NH, MN and IL for zillions of years, I hate winter. I hate snow days because it wrecks my schedule and often prevents me from working out. I love sun.

Iwannafly
February 14th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Yes, all my relatives are French Canadian. But after living in NH, MN and IL for zillions of years, I hate winter. I hate snow days because it wrecks my schedule and often prevents me from working out. I love sun.:canada:

The sun always shines in the desert southwest. Some of the cities even have pools. Not so much with the constant sun here in Virginia!

Treebox
February 14th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Snow days suck! Especially when the pool adheres to the public school closing list. In MD they will cancel or delay school at the thought of snow before the first flake falls. The long standing joke is that the weatherman gets kick backs for planting the seed of doubt.

aquageek
February 14th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Snow days are dreadful. Kids get up at 2 am all hopped up for the stuff, then proceed to play in it until every item of clothing they have is soaking and they are shivering. Then, by 8 am they are tired of it and proceed to whine, fight and complain for the next 12 hours.

They also have elaborate rituals for willing it to snow, which we didn't have as kids. They wear their PJs inside out and backwards, put a spoon under their pillows and flush 10 icecubes down the toilet. They are possesed by the white stuff.

Slowswim
February 14th, 2008, 05:19 PM
C'mon Fort Go through these fourteen pics and enjoy.

http://gocanada.about.com/od/quebe1/ig/Quebec-City-Winter-Carnival.--hi/Opening-Ceremony-Carnival.htm

Wow George that looks cold. No thanx! :duel:

I'll take 100 degrees over 30 any day. I'm solar powered.