PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to online coaches!

ViveBene
February 14th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I noticed the individual online coaches have all received thanks from swimmers using their workouts, so thought I'd post an encompassing thanks to the coaches for thoughtful workouts and to the administrators for recruiting excellent coaches and creating the space for online workouts and coaching.

Thank you!:cheerleader:

(George, Tom, and other daily respondents -- you too!)

VB

JMiller
February 16th, 2008, 12:27 AM
I noticed the individual online coaches have all received thanks from swimmers using their workouts, so thought I'd post an encompassing thanks to the coaches for thoughtful workouts and to the administrators for recruiting excellent coaches and creating the space for online workouts and coaching.

Thank you!:cheerleader:

(George, Tom, and other daily respondents -- you too!)

VB

Do I count as one of the "others"? haha If yes, then thanks. I know it's silly but I've always wanted to be a coach, but there are aspects to coaching that would probably never suit me. It's just good to have an outlet to share some of what I've learned.

ViveBene
February 16th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Do I count as one of the "others"? haha If yes, then thanks. I know it's silly but I've always wanted to be a coach, but there are aspects to coaching that would probably never suit me. It's just good to have an outlet to share some of what I've learned.

Absolutely! These forums are fantastic for the wealth of information shared by swimmers and coaches, and not only on technique and swimming strategy but also on other issues that affect swimmers, such as natural resource use (clean water), how to approach local governments (new pool), and physiology (science fair projects). And new swimming holes -- the biggest pool in the world!

But only three are called on, as a volunteer effort, to come up with five interesting, scalable workouts per week for a whole year. There are testimonials on the individual coaches' threads from swimmers who have used the workouts to good effect, so I thought a general recognition might be in order.

Regards, VB