PDA

View Full Version : St. Patty's meet

Glider
February 18th, 2008, 09:10 PM
This should be a fun local meet at Dynamo - entries are due March 3 http://www.dixiezone.org/Meets/0803stpat.pdf.

Last year we had around 150 swimmers and 20 Georgia records were set.

I'm swimming my usual 3 BR events and the 100 IM. Who else is going...what are you swimming?

Donna
February 18th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I'll be doing the 1000 Fr, 50 Fr, 100 Bk and 50 Fly. I only wish I could do both days. On Call stinks!

CreamPuff
February 20th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Will go! Not sure what the heck I'm swimming yet. Too many choices. .

p_con
February 24th, 2008, 12:35 AM
I'll be there, still trying to figure out what to swim...

Glider
March 3rd, 2008, 02:30 PM
(S)he-man,

I think you ought to go for it...4 events per day, plus relays.

Saturday Events
1. 1000 FR
3. 200 Fly
5. Lead off the 200 FR relay
15. 200FR
21. 400 IM

Sunday Events
23. 500 FR
25. 50 FL leg on the Medley relay
29. 200 IM
33. 100 FR
37. 100 FL

Then go see your favorite chiropractor:cane: and drink :drink::lmao:

You are an animal:bow:

Make sure you thank Warren again for me for video taping me at Auburn. He did an awesome job!

Glider

Will go! Not sure what the heck I'm swimming yet. Too many choices. .

CreamPuff
March 3rd, 2008, 07:03 PM
he he

I'd need more than my one and only favorite chiropractor after that line up! I'd need an EMT!

Slight change in plans - hubby and I are going to Florida, so I'll be doing St. Pete's meet instead of St. Pat's. It's a couple of weeks later. I need the time to further develop my secret weapon. :weightlifter:

What could be better than Florida in spring?

Rip it up for me Glider! :cheerleader::cheerleader:

(S)he-man,

I think you ought to go for it...4 events per day, plus relays.

Saturday Events
1. 1000 FR
3. 200 Fly
5. Lead off the 200 FR relay
15. 200FR
21. 400 IM

Sunday Events
23. 500 FR
25. 50 FL leg on the Medley relay
29. 200 IM
33. 100 FR
37. 100 FL

Then go see your favorite chiropractor:cane: and drink :drink::lmao:

You are an animal:bow:

Make sure you thank Warren again for me for video taping me at Auburn. He did an awesome job!

Glider

Donna
March 3rd, 2008, 10:11 PM
But your still going to be in Atlanta for the St. Pat's meet SO SWIM both!

Glider
March 8th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Psych sheets are up on the Dixie Zone site: http://www.dixiezone.org/Meets/0803stpat_psych.pdf

Donna
March 8th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks Mark, you are always on top of this stuff.

Anyone out there willing to be my counter in the 1000 Free? I am coming up from Savannah by my self this time so I am in need of a volunteer.

Glider
March 9th, 2008, 10:59 PM
I'd be happy to count for you. My meet timeline has you in heat 2 lane 7 (10-lane pool) starting around 10:21 AM.

I'll start warming up right after your heat.

Thanks Mark, you are always on top of this stuff.

Anyone out there willing to be my counter in the 1000 Free? I am coming up from Savannah by my self this time so I am in need of a volunteer.

Donna
March 10th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks Mark. See you there.

CreamPuff
March 10th, 2008, 07:10 PM
GOOD LUCK Mark and Donna!!!

Will miss that meet but I'm soooooooooo happy to be heading to Florida in a couple of weeks!!

tjburk
March 11th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Good luck to all that are going!!!!

Glider
March 11th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks, Kristina.

Have fun in FL. You may run into some of my family down there sometime...Seems they are having a reunion of sorts around the St. Pete Beach, Bradenton, and Sarasota areas.

I am looking forward to this meet.

GOOD LUCK Mark and Donna!!!

Will miss that meet but I'm soooooooooo happy to be heading to Florida in a couple of weeks!!

Glider
March 11th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks, TJ...You're not going? I thought we had a grudge race in the 50 BR based on the Peachtree City Pentathlon???

Good luck to all that are going!!!!

tjburk
March 11th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Yeah, until I trashed my right shoulder/arm....finished with physical therapy.. back in the water going on 3 weeks now....taking it slow and easy. Have been debating Nats in Texas......we'll see how the rehab goes!!!! Actually swam a little Fly in practice yesterday.....a little discomfort but not too bad.

Glider
March 16th, 2008, 10:56 PM
What a great meet, another outstanding job by our meet director, Ed Saltzman:applaud:

Donna had a great 1,000 FR and broke 13:00...must've been her counter;)

On Saturday, I dropped 5 seconds in the 200 BR from Auburn to 2:26.76 (an MPB), and .5 seconds in the 50 BR to 29.66. A good day for me...

Sunday, not so much...2nd day meet blues...tired...stiff...sore. My 100 BR was out in 30.69, on the way to 1:06.40 (piano fell hard.) And the 100 IM was slower than Auburn - dead tired.

I'll keep an eye out for when I see the results posted...

tjburk
March 17th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Results are up on the Dixie Zone site.......

Donna
March 17th, 2008, 12:51 PM
My counter was great, thank you Mark.

So how did your video taper do? Ok I hope. I didn't feel my hand was as steady as it could have been but atleast Ed did not move in front of me on your race. Good job.

The allergies hit me head on when I got up to Atlanta and have subsudied now that I am back in my home turf. I don't know how I would have survived if I had swum on Sunday too. I was still hurting from that 1000 on Sunday morning, but Sunday afternoon practice really loosened me up.

Good luck to those of you like Mark doing the Gary Eaton meet, and to those going to World's. Pack me in your suitcase and I'll go too!

Those of you heading to Austin, I'll see you there!

Glider
March 17th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Funny you should ask about my videographer...I was in heat 3, lane 4 of the 100 BR. Both he and his wife marked it in their program. And well, I give him an A for effort, but he shot video of heat 2, lane 4. Oh well, it wasn't a good swim anyway...

My counter was great, thank you Mark.

So how did your video taper do? Ok I hope. I didn't feel my hand was as steady as it could have been but atleast Ed did not move in front of me on your race. Good job.

The allergies hit me head on when I got up to Atlanta and have subsudied now that I am back in my home turf. I don't know how I would have survived if I had swum on Sunday too. I was still hurting from that 1000 on Sunday morning, but Sunday afternoon practice really loosened me up.

Good luck to those of you like Mark doing the Gary Eaton meet, and to those going to World's. Pack me in your suitcase and I'll go too!

Those of you heading to Austin, I'll see you there!

CreamPuff
March 18th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Glider, what an AWESOME meet you had. Super, super time drops!
:bow::bow:

Donna, great jobs on your swims as well and best of luck to you in Austin!!

If I do go to Gary Eaton, see you there! I'm really thinking of doing the 25K OW in IN this summer, so I may just train right through Gary Eaton and not swim it. We'll see!

Glider
March 18th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Awe, just go to the meet, why doncha.:mooning:

Again, you can swim the 1000, 500, 400 IM, 200 FR, 200 FL, and 200 IM. Think of it as a race pace practice. That's one way to train through the meet:agree:

C'mon, you can do it.

Glider, what an AWESOME meet you had. Super, super time drops!
:bow::bow:

Donna, great jobs on your swims as well and best of luck to you in Austin!!

If I do go to Gary Eaton, see you there! I'm really thinking of doing the 25K OW in IN this summer, so I may just train right through Gary Eaton and not swim it. We'll see!