PDA

View Full Version : Portland ANG seeks Swimmers/Triathletes for Special Ops

wxmechanic
February 20th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Just a heads up, a new Special Tactics Squadron (125STS, Air National Guard) is being stood up, and the emphasis is on hiring profficient swimmers who can pass the the entrance requirements. These are Special Operations Weather Team positions (P/T), but involve 1 year of meteorology training, then Jump and "HALO" school, with SCUBA school for desiring candidates.
I'm in the unit, and can answer any Q's. Unfortunatly, these positions are currently limited to males, under 35.

Pete
wxmechanic@hotmail.com

jim clemmons
February 20th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Just a heads up, a new Special Tactics Squadron (125STS, Air National Guard) is being stood up, and the emphasis is on hiring proficient swimmers who can pass the entrance requirements. These are Special Operations Weather Team positions (P/T), but involve 1 year of meteorology training, then Jump and "HALO" school, with SCUBA school for desiring candidates.
I'm in the unit, and can answer any Q's. Unfortunately, these positions are currently limited to males, under 35.

Pete
wxmechanic@hotmail.com

If I was only a few years younger...bummer. :bitching:

Oh, hey! What if I can outswim the "under 35" dude?

poolraat
February 21st, 2008, 01:46 PM
If I was only a few years younger...bummer. :bitching:

Oh, hey! What if I can outswim the "under 35" dude?

Yeah! What if? It's only been 36 years ago but I've already done jump school too. I'm not :cane: yet.