PDA

View Full Version : Real things to worry about...

ViveBene
February 26th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Economic bad-times news for the day: wholesale prices rose 7.4% in 12 months, indicators pointing to stagflation, sentiment index dropping like a stone, oil at $101, foreclosures high. Real things to worry about. It's all here (from Washington Post):

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/26/AR2008022600934.html (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/26/AR2008022600934.html)?

Regards,
VB

knelson
February 27th, 2008, 01:14 PM
From that article:

He and other leaders of the Fed have taken solace in data and surveys that suggest Americans do not expect inflation to remain high. "Inflation expectations remain reasonably well anchored," Kohn said yesterday

I don't really understand why people thinking inflation won't be too bad will actually have any bearing on what inflation will be in reality.

fanstone
February 28th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Because thinking inflation is not rising makes one spend more, borrow more, which leads to a pressure on demand, which raises prices, which causes inflation...

jim clemmons
February 28th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Yeah, life's tough and then you die. As some would say (including me): "Deal with it Natalie".

Concentrating on your swimming would be better time spent rather than worring about something we have little or no control over.

:2cents:

geochuck
February 28th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Will your vote for a new President solve your woes???

I am not being political.

I think Chuckie just saved all my concerns she just made coffeee:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::ba nana::banana:

ViveBene
February 28th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Yeah, life's tough and then you die. As some would say (including me): "Deal with it Natalie".

Concentrating on your swimming would be better time spent rather than worring about something we have little or no control over.

:2cents:

Response to first part: I am dealing with it, squarely.

Response to second part: I am self-employed. I have to handle medical insurance matters and retirement investment matters in a sea of unknowns. I HAVE to worry about things I have no control over to better manage those I DO have control over.

Regards, VB

scyfreestyler
March 7th, 2008, 03:02 PM
She's going to make everything allright....
:drink:

poolraat
March 7th, 2008, 03:27 PM
She's going to make everything allright....
:drink:

Sure can ruin a nice pic though.

scyfreestyler
March 7th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Sure can ruin a nice pic though.

Honestly, I don't think she will have the opportunity to turn things around.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/119010/page

SwimStud
March 7th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I only saw Natalie Portman...partially...