PDA

View Full Version : Swimmer on Oprah 2/27/08

Aqua Jock
February 28th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Marian seems like the average 43-year-old mother of three—but her life has taken her in a direction she never imagined. By day, Marian does all the typical things moms do, from helping the kids with their homework to making pancakes for breakfast. By night, Marian transforms into "Charlie," an exotic dancer at an upscale gentlemen's club in Atlanta.

Marian says she never thought her life would take this path. She attended Clemson University on a swimming scholarship and earned a bachelor's degree in tourism and management. At age 29, she got married and gave birth to three children.

When her marriage ended after nine years, everything changed. Marian was a single mom working at a tourism bureau and an insurance company, struggling to make ends meet. "The low point was when my checking account was 19 cents," she says.

Marian says she searched for a new job that would bring in more money, but the careers she looked into required extra education—and she didn't have time to waste. Then a friend made a suggestion that would change her life—maybe Marian could become an exotic dancer.

from
http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200802/20080227/slide_20080227_350_107.jhtml

geochuck
February 28th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Chuckie and I watched that show and found her and her children to be very well adjusted. The thing that was interestig was she made great money for her 3 days/nights a week work.

Karen Duggan
March 1st, 2008, 01:46 AM
I've heard so many stories of girls putting themselves through med school, etc. stripping. I could never do it, not that anybody'd ever ask! But, I say, good for them! If I could make several hundred for a few hours stripping, it would be hard to say no.
Do I have a double standard because I bagged on Amanda for her Playboy issue? Kinda sounds like it.

ViveBene
March 1st, 2008, 06:58 AM
I have met people doing dissertation work at prestigious universities in C*mbridge, MA, who did quite a variety of things to support themselves, including exotic dancing. The long hood on the doctoral gown is, historically, a beggar's cowl.:shakeshead:

Regards,
VB

geochuck
March 1st, 2008, 08:58 AM
When I was in grade 8 there was a girl in my class. Who used to brag she was the first $100.00 a nite girl in Hamilton. I do not think she was a dancer.

knelson
March 2nd, 2008, 10:12 PM
So what's harder to believe? A 43 year old mother of three earning a living as a stripper, or a 41 year old mother setting an American Record in the 50 meter freestyle?

geochuck
March 2nd, 2008, 10:27 PM
Both are strutting their stuff. One in the bar the other still in the pool. Both are fine with me.

ande
March 2nd, 2008, 11:27 PM
one in a pool
other on a pole
I say you go girl

ande

Both are strutting their stuff. One in the bar the other still in the pool. Both are fine with me.