PDA

View Full Version : Aliases - i.e STOP IT

pwolf66
March 5th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Folks,

Can we give this alias carp the boot? I'm getting really tired of people posting under multiple names. Why do folks feel a need to do that? It's just stupid. If you don't want to post something under your primary user name then hey, maybe it doesn't need to be posted.

Sorry for the pseudo-rant but this is just getting on my last nerve.

Paul

geochuck
March 5th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I agree they should stop it.

I will never again use an alias.

We must put the blame for aliases on Moonbeam it all started here http://forums.usms.org/showthread.php?t=8216

pwolf66
March 5th, 2008, 11:24 PM
This post deleted

Captain Kranky

ensignada
March 6th, 2008, 12:07 AM
That thread was a game, George, and you know it. I was rereading a section of it a long time ago (one of the aliases popped up the other day out of nowhere) and that was a fun thread. Good times. I miss them.

knelson
March 6th, 2008, 11:37 AM
What aliases are you referring to? I haven't seen too many annoying ones here. Most of the annoying posters have no qualms about being annoying using their primary user ID :)

pwolf66
March 6th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Let's see Chuckster, Fortness, Fontress, SwimSpud, Kaptain SDK, Spock, BigBrother, Fastjack, Spiderman, Stillhere, It's A Slow Show to name a few. In 99.9% of the posts by these 'users', it contributes nothing to the existing discussion. So what's the point? Other than wasting bandwidth. I post under 1 account, PERIOD even if my posts are a waste of bandwidth, it is still only a single used id all the time instead of a continuing parade of new 'users' that are being brought to us by the usual suspects. It was annoying when I first joined and it's just gotten to the point where I'm sick and tired of it.

It makes it almost impossible to sort out the real users from these 'users'. And because of this, I (and others) waste time replying to what we think (or hope) is an actual user who might not understand something and instead it's someone who thinks they're being 'cute'. Screw that, life's too short to deal with infantile antics such as that.

I bid everyone adieu. I will continue to communicate with those I choose to via a different method.

Paul

knelson
March 6th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Screw that, life's too short to deal with infantile antics such as that.

Gee, Paul, I think you're overreacting a little.

I don't personally use any aliases, but I think they are just part of the "discussion forum experience" if there is such a thing. We're all on here to--hopefully--gain a little knowledge, but also for entertainment. I guess you just have to realize not everyone is entertained by the same kind of things. I'll admit aliases whose soul purpose is to be a jerk are infantile, but aliases can be funny, too.

RaulWolf66
March 6th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Let's see Chuckster, Fortness, Fontress, SwimSpud, Kaptain SDK, Spock, BigBrother, Fastjack, Spiderman, Stillhere, It's A Slow Show to name a few.

Ay, amigo...what about me/ I am your cousin Raul!

Slimmer Bill
March 6th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Don't forget Noodles Romanoff and Michael Leather. They're pretty funny.

RaulWolf66
March 6th, 2008, 01:10 PM

Si...about as funny as a jalepeno in your maracas!

GroggyDuck
March 6th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Raul, let us have a margarita together and discuss the good old days.

RaulWolf66
March 6th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Raul, let us have a margarita together and discuss the good old days.

...I don't think such a large enough margarita exists!

GroggyDuck
March 6th, 2008, 01:41 PM
...I don't think such a large enough margarita exists!

Well now, we could discuss TI instead. You know how much I love it. Let me go see if I can find an old thread.

Michael Leather
March 6th, 2008, 01:43 PM

Thank you. While I was created for the sole purpose of confusing Michael Heather (my arch nemesis), it's nice to know that I am liked by others. :hug:

geochuck
March 6th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Let's not attack these aliases anymore. They did bring humour, but Paul I have promised not to use them anymore.

Allen Stark
March 6th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Some people are going to be silly/stupid regardless of what they call themselves.I do wish people would complete their profile so we knew who they really are,I know some people want to remain anonymous,but it bugs me when someone says they are swimming in a meet and I can't check to see how they did because I don't know their name.

knelson
March 6th, 2008, 02:36 PM
it bugs me when someone says they are swimming in a meet and I can't check to see IF I'M FASTER because I don't know their name.

Fixed it for ya! ;)

pwolf666
March 6th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Ay, amigo...what about me/ I am your cousin Raul!

And what about me, your Satanic cousin?

Allen Stark
March 6th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Kirk,ya got me:whiteflag:.Seriously I am interested in how people do not(just) how they compare to me.

Big AL
March 6th, 2008, 05:01 PM
It was annoying when I first joined and it's just gotten to the point where I'm sick and tired of it.

:dunno::whiteflag::mooning: :bighug:

pwolf666
March 6th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Folks,

Can we give this alias carp the boot?

Don't care for carp too much, prefer salmon here. Guess that's why it feels like I'm always going upstream.