PDA

View Full Version : 50 meter pool

angelfish
March 13th, 2008, 11:00 AM
hi everyone...i'm heading to worlds in april and would love to get some training in a 50 meter pool before heading down under. any of you know of any pools that are open for lap swimming or masters? i heard that dynamo's 50 meter is currently only available for team practice.

thanks!
chris

Glider
March 13th, 2008, 11:16 PM
af,

You can try the Mountain View Aquatic Center in Marietta or the Woodstock Aquatic Center in Woodstock.

I'm not sure when they are set up for LCM, but you can find more info here: http://www.goldswim.com/

Mark

hi everyone...i'm heading to worlds in april and would love to get some training in a 50 meter pool before heading down under. any of you know of any pools that are open for lap swimming or masters? i heard that dynamo's 50 meter is currently only available for team practice.

thanks!
chris

angelfish
March 14th, 2008, 10:04 AM
thanks! i actually train at mountain view, they don't switch to 50 meters until after memorial day. but i'll check out the woodstock pool. thanks for the info.

chris

rocketman
January 11th, 2010, 08:54 PM
One small and little known treasure in Atlanta is the 50 meter indoor pool at Fort McPherson. It is only 5 minutes from my work. Now if I could only get myself out of bed to go work out!:bed:

Anyway, Fort McPherson is going to be de-militarized in 2011, so with any luck, the pool will stay open and be available for other civilian swimmers.

hnatkin
January 12th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Emory's outdoor pool opens around Apr 1. They set it up for long course masters workouts on Sunday mornings (8am) once it's warm enough to keep the covers off (closer to May)

Lump
January 12th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Being that its SCY season for age group, HS, and Master's I seriously doubt you will find a 50M set anywhere unfortunately.

BTW, Mt. View didn't change over to LCM until the end of May last year. I was wanting to swim LCM before my first OW event and I remember it didn't change over until right before my May 30th event.

rocketman
January 13th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the info about the Emory pool. I think I will train by myself at the Fort McPherson pool, then go to the week-end long course workout in May at Emory. It's a good goal.