PDA

View Full Version : "Sister" Swim Team

swimdaddyswim
March 18th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Are their any Masters teams in the US that have any experience with having a "sister" swim team in another country other than the USA?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

mermaid
March 18th, 2008, 08:17 PM
What are you looking for specifically? Ability to swim in a wider variety of meets? Work with a certain coach? To be able to swim at home, away from home?

swimdaddyswim
March 22nd, 2008, 01:43 PM
Good question. I think it would be "fun" to invite members of our sister team who are traveling to the US to swim with our team. Perhaps if our members travel to the area where our sister team swim they can swim with your sister team.

Perhaps we can post letters,question,s comments,etc from our sister team in our monthly newsletter. That sort of thing.

Thats about as much thought as I have given it so far.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

Rykno
April 1st, 2008, 02:27 AM
if you are interested in a swedish team let me know. I can put you in touch with Sweden's largest Masters Team.

They are very active with in Masters swimming.

There are about 30 swedish swimmers heading to Australia this month, most from one team.

there are also a few heading to Iceland in a few months for another meet.

-Ryan

Karen Duggan
April 4th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Ryan,
I'll bring it up to Walnut Creek Masters. What is the name of your team?
I bet they'd be for it :]
Karen

Rykno
April 9th, 2008, 05:02 AM
it's not my team... we just started our group in 2006, right now we are 6 but only 4 compete. we have potential to come up to 10-12 in the next yr or so.

But the team I had in mind is called Hellas Masters. It is a team based in Stockholm, but they have members all over Sweden. It's the club for anyone who wants to compete but doesn't have a local club of their own. Not all Swim teams want to have a Masters program, or they don't have the lane time to give to such a group.

sending an email right now to Hellas about the idea.

Ryan