PDA

View Full Version : 2008 SCY Zones

Iwannafly
March 18th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Anyone have recommendations for hotels close to the pool?

matysekj
March 18th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Well I got the Comfort Inn Tysons Corner for $68/night this time around. It's a few miles away, but the closer hotels were a lot more expensive.

jim clemmons
March 19th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Well I got the Comfort Inn Tysons Corner for $68/night this time around.

Jim,

Which one is "Tysons Corner"?

matysekj
March 19th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Jim,

It's also known as "bite your ear off corner" in honor of Iron Mike, but that's a different topic. The hotel home page is at http://www.comfortinn.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=VA282. Looks like it's about 6 miles away, but easy access to GMU straight down Rte. 123.

jim clemmons
March 19th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Jim,

Well, the only thing I can say to myself is... "pay attention". I thought this was a hotel reference for Nat's. Sorry for the intrusion...:doh: but thanks anyway for the prompt response.

Iwannafly
March 19th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Well, the only thing I can say to myself is... "pay attention". I thought this was a hotel reference for Nat's. Sorry for the intrusion...:doh: but thanks anyway for the prompt response.

You can come for Colonies Zones too! It's just a short flight from Oakland or SFO.

jim clemmons
March 19th, 2008, 09:09 PM
You can come for Colonies Zones too! It's just a short flight from Oakland or SFO.

I'd love to but it happens to be the same weekend for our own Pacific Championships. Thanks for the invite anyway.

SwimStud
March 23rd, 2008, 09:57 PM

I love to but it happens to be the same weekend for our own Pacific Championships. Thanks for the invite anyway.

I think Jim heard about your prowess in the BR TJ...so he wants to avoid any unpleasant confrontations... :D

O yeah, I'll be at the Mariott Courtyard...nice hotel.

Iwannafly
March 25th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I think Jim heard about your prowess in the BR TJ...so he wants to avoid any unpleasant confrontations... :D

Mmmmm, yeah, I'm sure that's what happened!!!:rolleyes:

The Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks at 11220 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway (Rte. 50)?

SwimStud
March 28th, 2008, 05:29 PM
The Courtyard Fairfax Fair Oaks at 11220 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway (Rte. 50)?

That sounds about right!

James
March 29th, 2008, 11:15 AM

me too.

Iwannafly
April 4th, 2008, 10:41 AM
me too.

I'm pretty sure that we can't be friends James. It's the avatar and the signature. ;) Sorry! I'm a Padres fan first and foremost (remember the '98 WS?), but I'm also a closet RedSox fan (married into it)!

James
April 4th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that we can't be friends James. It's the avatar and the signature. ;) Sorry! I'm a Padres fan first and foremost (remember the '98 WS?), but I'm also a closet RedSox fan (married into it)!

sorry you feel that way. Its been too long since the last Championship. shouldn't have to go more than a couple of years.. c-ya next weekend.

James

go evil empire!!!!