View Full Version : Any masters teams near Wilkes-Barre, PA?

March 27th, 2008, 12:00 PM

I'll be visiting family in the Wilkes-Barre, PA area in a few weeks. I usually try to swim when I travel. I'll be on a biz trip out in rural AZ just before this, where there are no pools, so I really want to get in a few workouts on this trip.

I looked in the USMS places to swim as well as the Colonies zone page, and the Wilkes-Barre YMCA is the only entry. I'm originally from this area, and I've swam at the Y many times over the years, and it is a great pool (plus they recently built a 2nd pool). I've also swam at the King's College pool, the CYC, and a fitness center's pool (was called Odyssey). But does anyone know if there is an organized swim group in the area?

I could possibly go to the Hazleton area also, it is a similar distance away in the other direction. Scranton or Allentown would be a bit far.

I think the Colonies zone meet is the same time as I'll be there, but way down in VA. Had I known before I planned this trip, I could have planned in a side trip to go down to the meet. Maybe another time...