PDA

View Full Version : Gary Eaton Memorial meet, April 25-27

Glider
April 3rd, 2008, 10:44 PM
The updated Gary Eaton meet entry form is now available on the Dixie Zone Web site (http://www.dixiezone.org/Meets/0804eaton.pdf) just in case you didn't get it via the GA Masters email on 3/29.

Other than Nats, it's the last chance for 2007-2008 SCY times.

Who's going? Anyone else tapering for this meet?

CreamPuff
April 6th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Hey Glider,

Best of luck to you at your "National" meet. I've not yet decided if I'm going or not. I'd be swimming this meet very *tired.* So. . . I'll most likely ask my coach what he wants me to do when he gets back from his vacation in Costa Rica! Lucky dog!!

Glider
April 6th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks, I hope you come to the meet. Think of it as a race pace practice.

I saw you had some awesome swims in St. Pete. Congrats!

Are you still swimming at DYNA...I saw a few of their swimmers mysteriously swimming UNAT or for other teams??? Maybe it just had to do with the guys trying to get set up for their "college relays" at SCY Nats.

Hey Glider,

Best of luck to you at your "National" meet. I've not yet decided if I'm going or not. I'd be swimming this meet very *tired.* So. . . I'll most likely ask my coach what he wants me to do when he gets back from his vacation in Costa Rica! Lucky dog!!

CreamPuff
April 7th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks, I hope you come to the meet. Think of it as a race pace practice.

I saw you had some awesome swims in St. Pete. Congrats!

Are you still swimming at DYNA...I saw a few of their swimmers mysteriously swimming UNAT or for other teams??? Maybe it just had to do with the guys trying to get set up for their "college relays" at SCY Nats.

Hey Mark,

Thanks so much. St. Pete was lots of fun. I drank waaaay too much especially considering it was a meet!

We'll see on Gary Eaton. It would certainly be a race pace practice!

Well, I'm still with GAJA (the superteam) and my USMS card is registered with DYNA. However, I'm swimming with Swim Atlanta now (and actually Marietta Marlins only during this week of spring break) - I tend to switch around as I can get swimming ADD.

I too noticed that some of the guys that were swimming/ training DYNA are now with a completely different team for nationals. I believe one of the swimmers you may be referring to swam in the state of Texas in college. Not sure how they made the change, but looks like it's possible to do so. Must be a relay and possibly team point thing - I agree.

Glider
April 24th, 2008, 11:42 AM
The Psych Sheet is up at AtlantaSwimming.com (http://www.atlantaswimming.com/). See y'all there and good luck.

Hey Mark,

Thanks so much. St. Pete was lots of fun. I drank waaaay too much especially considering it was a meet!

We'll see on Gary Eaton. It would certainly be a race pace practice!

Well, I'm still with GAJA (the superteam) and my USMS card is registered with DYNA. However, I'm swimming with Swim Atlanta now (and actually Marietta Marlins only during this week of spring break) - I tend to switch around as I can get swimming ADD.

I too noticed that some of the guys that were swimming/ training DYNA are now with a completely different team for nationals. I believe one of the swimmers you may be referring to swam in the state of Texas in college. Not sure how they made the change, but looks like it's possible to do so. Must be a relay and possibly team point thing - I agree.

Glider
April 27th, 2008, 12:24 PM
The final results (http://www.dixiezone.org/Results/0804eaton_mem.pdf) are up. The meet was slightly larger than last year, according to the meet director.

It was a quick meet, but we had a fair amount of breaks.

This meet is a keeper, IMHO. Next year they are looking at moving it up a week or two to get it closer to the St. Patty's meet and also to separate it from nationals.

And at the same time, they are looking at the possibility of positioning it as a SCY season-ending GA State Champs, or DZ champs when its Atlanta's turn.

swimcat
April 27th, 2008, 12:59 PM
how did your 100 breast go? i had a much better day yesterday. i finished the 50 fr and was ready for the 100br and they took a break. i might have done better going straight into the 100breast. i think my 100br time was slower than a 100 br long course i did once.:rant3: back in the weight room tomorrow:weightlifter:

Glider
April 27th, 2008, 01:21 PM
swimgat

It was an MPB, but nowhere near what I thought I'd do based on my 50 BR yesterday. 2nd day of meets and 2nd race of day seem to be kicking my butt. Recovery seems to be an issue -- I coulda used another hour of breaks:drown: My high turnover rate really takes a toll...

Nonetheless, it was a very good race b/n Andy D, Lorenzo B, and me. Andy took it out fast, Lorenzo slow, and me in between. I think I had 'em both at the 75, but I died bad coming home and Lorenzo got me...

Hope you had a good meet with lots of MPBs:agree:

how did your 100 breast go? i had a much better day yesterday. i finished the 50 fr and was ready for the 100br and they took a break. i might have done better going straight into the 100breast. i think my 100br time was slower than a 100 br long course i did once.:rant3: back in the weight room tomorrow:weightlifter:

Glider
May 28th, 2008, 10:50 PM
The results for this meet are now showing up in the event rankings/meet results database. Thanks to those who helped get this done (ES):applaud:

I know there are still a few straggler meets that need to be added for the 2008 SCY season, e.g., the MN state champs, but for the most part, the SCY season rankings should be complete.

CreamPuff
May 29th, 2008, 04:14 PM
The results for this meet are now showing up in the event rankings/meet results database. Thanks to those who helped get this done (JM):applaud:

I know there are still a few straggler meets that need to be added for the 2008 SCY season, e.g., the MN state champs, but for the most part, the SCY season rankings should be complete.

Glider, really glad that you got the Gary Eaton meet stuff corrected. Congrats on your 50 BR 5th place finish!

swimcat
May 30th, 2008, 09:19 AM
i couldn't find the results added to the individual usms results. are they there now?

Glider
May 30th, 2008, 12:40 PM
swimgat,

is this you?

http://www.usms.org/comp/meets/indresults.php?SwimmerID=02RJJ&Sex=&StrokeID=0&Distance=&CourseID=0&lowage=&highage=

If not, I must have you confused with someone else? Or maybe my Spanish is fading...:-)

i couldn't find the results added to the individual usms results. are they there now?

swimcat
May 30th, 2008, 02:52 PM
thanks a heap glider. yeah, that would be me. it's finally up:banana:
signed up for 3 events in athens. not my usual 200's. it is too fast a meet.
will see how my shoulder holds up