PDA

View Full Version : SC Nats 08: The sixth event is IN

matysekj
April 8th, 2008, 04:57 PM
The decision has been made for the sixth event at SC Nationals in Austin. Those who entered six events will be able to swim all six of them. There are no excuses now.

I don't know yet when the official time line estimate will be released. All I can say is that it will definitely be available by April 21. Preliminary rough estimates are that the days should end by around:

Thu: 5:30 PM
Fri: 5:00 PM
Sat: 8:00 PM
Sun: 6:30 PM

jim clemmons
April 8th, 2008, 06:19 PM
The decision has been made for the sixth event at SC Nationals in Austin. Those who entered six events will be able to swim all six of them. There are no excuses now.

I don't know yet when the official time line estimate will be released. All I can say is that it will definitely be available by April 21. Preliminary rough estimates are that the days should end by around:

Thu: 5:30 PM
Fri: 5:00 PM
Sat: 8:00 PM
Sun: 6:30 PM

Great news and you get to keep your paycheck too...:party2:

matysekj
April 8th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Great news and you get to keep your paycheck too...:party2:

Keep it? I've already spent it. Can I get some of it back? The IRS will do that if I ask, won't they?

jim clemmons
April 8th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Keep it? I've already spent it. Can I get some of it back? The IRS will do that if I ask, won't they?

Guess it's about that time of the year. Oh, wait...that's right. They've got soooo much this year they're giving us all "extra". I forgot about that deal.

'Course next year they'll be lamenting the fact "we're" broke and ask (or take) it and more back one way or another. :2cents:

pwolf66
April 9th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Holy Cow, that's some long days. Good thing I'm flying out Monday as the 100 Free is my last event. And thank goodness 100 Back is my 2nd event on Saturday as that looks to be a VERY loooooooooong day.

Blackbeard's Peg
April 9th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Holy Cow,moo

that's some long days. Good thing I'm flying out Monday as the 100 Free is my last event. And thank goodness 100 Back is my 2nd event on Saturday as that looks to be a VERY loooooooooong day.
As I just reminded my teammates, Saturday starts w/ ~90min plus of women's 500s, and has two pretty popular events, 100IM and 200 free. w/ 750 and 675 entrants respectively.

knelson
April 9th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Holy Cow, that's some long days. Good thing I'm flying out Monday as the 100 Free is my last event. And thank goodness 100 Back is my 2nd event on Saturday as that looks to be a VERY loooooooooong day.

Yeah, I'm entered in the 200 IM on Sunday and I am leaving that day at 5:45. At this point I'm thinking I'll either get to swim the event then really high-tail it to the airport or I won't get to swim it at all.

In my experience the best way to keep your sanity is check the timeline, then plan to show up at the pool just for your events (with a decent time cushion, of course). If you have two events in a day that are hours apart leave the pool and come back between them.

I also avoid the morning warmup. There are just too many people in the pool of widely varying speeds to make it real useful. Maybe on the first day just so you can get a feel for the competition pool before your first event.

Jazz Hands
April 9th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Wow, it looks like I'll be swimming all my events very late. That's fine with me. Like knelson, I'll probably just skip the early warm-ups.

ALM
April 9th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Wow, it looks like I'll be swimming all my events very late. That's fine with me. Like knelson, I'll probably just skip the early warm-ups.

"All"?

That Guy
April 9th, 2008, 08:06 PM
"All"?

relays?

Jazz Hands
April 9th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah, relays.