PDA

View Full Version : Energy supplements for Nationals?? Opinions wanted

Its a slow show
April 28th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Obviously legal any suggestions???

Jazz Hands
April 28th, 2008, 11:29 AM
If I were you, I would take question-mark reducers. Totally legal, of course.

Chris Stevenson
April 28th, 2008, 12:01 PM
My suggestion: don't muck around and try anything you haven't already tried. Nationals is not a time to experiment.

Just use common sense: stay well hydrated, replace electrolytes, don't allow yourself to get hungry or bloated.

I usually just munch periodically throughout a meet while drinking water or gatorade. If you have a long break at a good time, go ahead and get a sensibly-sized meal (nothing heavy; light sandwich and pretzels work for me).

geochuck
April 28th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Coffee with sugar.

swimr4life
April 28th, 2008, 01:30 PM
My suggestion: don't muck around and try anything you haven't already tried. Nationals is not a time to experiment.

Just use common sense: stay well hydrated, replace electrolytes, don't allow yourself to get hungry or bloated.

I usually just munch periodically throughout a meet while drinking water or gatorade. If you have a long break at a good time, go ahead and get a sensibly-sized meal (nothing heavy; light sandwich and pretzels work for me).

I agree with Chris. Now is not the time to try anything different. If you are interested, I can help you with some suggestions for after Nationals. Send me a personal message if you are.

orca1946
April 28th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Normal energy drinks will only do what you have done in workouts. What you don't want to do is crash from lack of a well hydrated & fueled day.