PDA

View Full Version : All time top ten

knelson
May 8th, 2008, 12:27 PM
FINA has both yearly top ten all time top ten compilations. How come we don't have the same thing for USMS? Has this ever been attempted?

Doug Martin
May 8th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Suzanne Rague in Oregon used to compile and sell a hard copy of the All-Time Top Ten every year, one for each course. Not sure if she still does. Last contact I had ws suzrague@aol.com.

jim clemmons
May 8th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I know you're trying to look up that 17:16, aren't you.

meldyck
May 8th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Kirk,

just go to the posted Top Ten pages and collect each year for your present age group/1650 into Excel. Then parse it and see where you stand. I've done this before and it's pretty EZ. It almost takes less time than posting a thoughtful response on these Forums.

The Fortress
May 8th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I know you're trying to look up that 17:16, aren't you.

lol. Hope you made it Kirk. I'm sure Jim is on there. What about you Mel? That parsing thing for USMS is too complicated for me. (shakeshead) Something to aim for though.

I didn't know that a FINA All Time Top Ten compilation even existed. I made it in 50 back LC. (You can tell Monica that, Mel. Maybe she won't diss me again. lol) LC sprints rock; turn sucks!

jim clemmons
May 8th, 2008, 01:45 PM
It almost takes less time than posting a thoughtful response on these Forums.

If and when anyone has anything we can consider "thoughtful". :)

knelson
May 8th, 2008, 01:48 PM
No, I don't expect that 1650 time to make it. I'd be surprised if it's in the top twenty to be honest, but making an "all time" top ten list certainly would be a nice goal for those of us who aren't close to getting a national record, but do get top ten times fairly consistently.

jim clemmons
May 8th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Yes, I agree. You need to know where the lines are so you can establish your goals in the first place.