PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Adult Swimming League

Glider
May 13th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Is anyone joining this Atlanta Adult Swimming League (http://atlantaswimming.com/ASLHome.asp) this summer? It’s more of a “subdivision” atmosphere, similar to what our kids enjoy in the summer swim leagues.

There are three age groups, 19 - 29, 30 - 39 and 40+. In meets, they only swim 50s of each stroke, the 100 IM, 200 Free, and 200 Medley and Free Relays.

They hold 4 dual meets, every Friday night in June, followed by a championship meet at Georgia Tech the first Friday of July.

I did this last year (except meets were on Saturdays) and it was quite fun. I met some new people and the meets were pretty low-key… I also used them as race pace practices.

CreamPuff
May 13th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Interesting - the age group divisions changed totally for this year.
Last year there were 2 groups - over 40 and under 40.
Now, they have 19-29/ 30-39/ and 40 and over.
Seems a bit unfair for the older folks - those who are 50 and older - they gotta race people more than 10 years younger than them.

I personally think the young whipper snappers did not want to get their butt kicked by us older folk, hence these age crazy divisions.:D

There's not one team near my area and the meets interfere w/ my SR I practices. Ah well.

Kick some butt Mark!

Slowswim
May 16th, 2008, 04:35 PM
There's not one team near my area

Kick some butt Mark!

Sounds like fun, but I have the same issue. :bitching:

p_con
June 30th, 2009, 12:10 AM
I swam it was a blast!!! Championships were friday at GA tech