PDA

View Full Version : Classic City Invitational Meet, June 7

Glider
May 13th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I missed this meet last year and I’m trying to figure out what events to swim. But I need recovery between swims…Did anyone go? How big was it? Did they take breaks?

Who else is going? What are you swimming? See the meet info (http://www.dixiezone.org/Meets/0806athens.pdf) on the Dixie Zone site.

I’ve never been a big fan of LCM – it seems like the wall just never gets there…

Also, make note of the CORRECT ADDRESS to send your entries. This was sent out in the Georgia Masters Newsletter on May 7. Here’s the text of the email from Bob K. in case you didn’t get it:

"The entry form for our Athens meet on June 7 has an error on the PO Box number on the entry form. The entries should be sent to

Dave Eisner
PO Box 2384
Dacula, Ga, 30019

If you have already mailed your entry and check, we will e-mail you if we received it, since the post office may see the error and put your entry in the correct box.

If you do not hear from us, please resend you entry and check. If it turns out to be a duplication, we'll return the check at the meet."

swimcat
May 13th, 2008, 02:12 PM
went to the meet last year. beth mcgee did too. went super fast.
i wouldnt swim a whole lot of events. i think i swam 3 events, it wasn't very big. think Gary Eaton.

CreamPuff
May 13th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Mark,

I agree with SwimCat. I didn't go last year but I went in past years. VERY, VERY fast run meet. Never too big. Since it's mixed seeding regardless of age and gender, it runs even faster than the meets that separate gender. I've done it where I swim only a couple of 50s (with just barely enough rest), or I swim lots of events for a practice-type lactic acid day.

I like to go mostly b/c of the great facilities and to race the men. Seeing if I can fit it into my schedule this year. . .

I agree w/ you on LC walls - or lack thereof. The fly events feel sooo much harder without those walls. I assume it's the same for breaststroke!

BTW, best of luck to Cameron and Whitney on their summer league swimming season!

Glider
May 13th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks, Swimcat...I was afraid of that. I want to swim 3, but I'm thinking there might only be 40 minutes between the 200 and 100 BR and then only 20 minutes between the 100 and 50 breast. And I want that 50 to be FAST -- trying to retaper from Eaton.

went to the meet last year. beth mcgee did too. went super fast.
i wouldnt swim a whole lot of events. i think i swam 3 events, it wasn't very big. think Gary Eaton.

Donna
May 14th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Good luck to you. I will be at home since that is my oncall week and I need the next weekend for a meet that I am assistant meet director at as well as swimming in and working a few sessions for my ATO certification.

I'll be sending you my fast swim vibes!:cheerleader:

swimcat
May 20th, 2008, 04:54 PM
thinking of going myself. did pretty good at y nats.:applaud: wore the new tracer lite for 100br think i prefer the speedo fs pro kneeskin just a tad better

swimcat
May 27th, 2008, 05:00 PM
glider,
gary eaton results are not on my usms individual results page. are yours?
are u going to athens meet? i think i may go and swim 3 events.

Glider
May 28th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I've been working with the meet director(s) and Ed Saltzman to get those times into the USMS event results database.

Initially, there was an issue with rounding down the times to the nearest tenth, instead of the nearest hundredth for the first 12 events. The meet directors resolved that...

Next, the file sent to Ed to submit to USMS didn't include the swimmer's USMS registration IDs, which becomes problematic for the USMS db folks. Ed resolved that issue...

According to Ed (as of mid-last week), he was going to be sending the meet file off to USMS to get loaded to the event results db and for swim times to be considered for Top Ten.

Now, even if Ed took care of that right away last week, the folks at USMS can take several weeks to get the results up if they are busy.

This is what I understood in my communications with Ed and the meet folks. I'll check in with the USMS db folks and again with Ed if they aren't posted by this Friday.

Mark

glider,

Glider
May 28th, 2008, 04:30 PM
BTW, yes I am going to the meet. Bringing my kids too. I just mailed my entry today. I entered the 200, 100, and 50 BR in that order.

If recovery is an issue (read that: if it's a small meet), the 100 is out the door, unless I swim the 200 really FAST.

I'm trying to do a RE-taper from the Eaton meet. I'm in uncharted waters...just trying to trust I'll swim fast.

glider,

p_con
June 2nd, 2008, 10:43 PM
I'll be there I signed up for 50fr 100fr, 50bk & 50br. Went last year and yes it really does go by fast, but its a great facility Patty

Glider
June 22nd, 2008, 11:01 AM
The final results (http://www.dixiezone.org/Results/0806athens.pdf) are posted at the Dixie Zone site. Thanks for the heads up swimcat.