PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck

Mc Yummy
May 13th, 2008, 02:10 PM
hey guys, I just want to thank you for all the info you've shared to me eversince I started asking questions here and that was around three months ago, which was also the time that I started taking swimming lessons :)

now at the age of thirty I wish had started swimming a long time ago, but I guess it's better late than never, right? I'm off to a competition that my swimming school is organizing this saturday, people who are competing had just recently learned to swim same as I, so I guess we're all in the same category except for the age 'coz i think that the category that I will be in will be from the age group 20 and above.

well anyway like what was said in the other thread just because you're older doesn't mean you'll go down without a fight :roids: ha ha ha

well wish me luck :violin:

jim thornton
May 13th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Good luck! Keep us posted on how you did. I give you an awful lot of credit. I am trying to think of a comparable example--maybe me taking up curling at age 55, then signing up for a tournament.

Anyhow, I am sure you will fare a lot better in the pool than I would on the ice with my frantic little broom!

tjburk
May 13th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Good Luck Jason!!!!

Jeffy_101
May 13th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Hey, good luck brother.

Look at the bright side, you started swimming 10 years earlier than me so you'll be a pro by the time you're 40.

:cane:

Mc Yummy
May 20th, 2008, 08:35 AM
hey guys... I got silver, 25m free, 14:40 :p since it's my first time I don't know how I did with this result, he he he :)

Syd
May 20th, 2008, 09:22 AM
hey guys... I got silver, 25m free, 14:40 :p since it's my first time I don't know how I did with this result, he he he :)

That's a very respectable time! Congratulations!:banana:

pwolf66
May 20th, 2008, 09:29 AM

I'm assuming you meant 14.40 seconds which is a VERY nice time. That should put you in the 31 second 50m free range which is quite good. Congratulations and keep swimming!!!!

Mc Yummy
May 21st, 2008, 11:47 AM
I'm assuming you meant 14.40 seconds which is a VERY nice time. That should put you in the 31 second 50m free range which is quite good. Congratulations and keep swimming!!!!

oh yeah...it's 14.40 seconds, he he he, i forgot how to write time :joker: wow! well my coaches were telling me it was a good time but since it was my first competition i was thinking they were just keeping my spirits high. thanks for letting me know guys, i will keep it up!

p.s. (bloopers)

well since it was my first time to compete, my coach was telling me that i should incorporate on making my dive well executed, he said it'll be an added factor on being first. so all this time i was psyching myself that once i hear the horn i will give my best to jump in and dive first. well i guess i was so psyched 'coz when i heard the horn i automatically dove in and after a couple of pulls i stopped and looked back for a second 'coz i thought it was a false start, i felt that i was the only one who jumped in...ha ha ha! i could hear my coach shouting..." it's good! it's good! swim! swim! swim! :lmao:

Jeffy_101
May 21st, 2008, 12:39 PM
Great story, thanks for that and congratulations!