PDA

View Full Version : Clemson 10K OW Championships?

CreamPuff
May 13th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Anyone out there planning on doing the Clemson 10K Open Water Championships June 14 (new date)? The swim doesn't start until 8:45 AM, so heat will be a huge issue.

Glider
May 13th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Hahahaha...snicker..teeheee...:rofl: 10k open water? Not on your life. Here I am complaining about the distance to a 50 meter LCM wall. I'm not about to race anything over 200 YARDS.

On the other hand, it sounds like you've been training hard for this and should be able to take your age group, heck all the ladies, in a 10K, not to mention kicking a lot of southeastern boy butt:notworthy:

Good luck in this adventure:wave:

Anyone out there planning on doing the Clemson 10K Open Water Championships June 14 (new date)? The swim doesn't start until 8:45 AM, so heat will be a huge issue.

CreamPuff
May 13th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Aw, come on Glider! It's more just for fun kind of thing.
Still not totally sure I'm going to be able to do it.
And, I really don't train for 10Ks. 1500/ 1650 is usually my limit!
:eek:

Glider
May 28th, 2008, 05:04 PM
So, are you going? I read you've been training LCM. You should be ready...that's one LONG practice:bump:

Aw, come on Glider! It's more just for fun kind of thing.
Still not totally sure I'm going to be able to do it.
And, I really don't train for 10Ks. 1500/ 1650 is usually my limit!
:eek:

Donna
May 28th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Sorry I have a meet that weekend, both working and swimming in it. Should be exausting. Enjoy!

Glider
May 28th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Good luck, Donna. Work hard, swim fast, and most importantly, sleep well!

Sorry I have a meet that weekend, both working and swimming in it. Should be exausting. Enjoy!

CreamPuff
June 1st, 2008, 12:45 PM
So, are you going? I read you've been training LCM. You should be ready...that's one LONG practice:bump:

Not sure Glider. I entered but I've still got the Athens meet to get through first. I signed up for 5 long events for one lactic acid practice. :whiteflag:

CreamPuff
June 1st, 2008, 12:45 PM

Good luck Donna! I have no idea how you can do both!!! Superwoman!

Donna
June 1st, 2008, 01:45 PM
I am actually taking my ATO training at this meet between sessions and will probably work during the younger session and swim with the older kids. My next few meets will be like that.