PDA

View Full Version : Terrapin Cup/ 2008 Colonies Zone meet

Blackbeard's Peg
May 21st, 2008, 03:54 PM
Terrapin Masters is pleased to announce the 4th Annual Terrapin Cup and 2008 Colonies Zone LCM Championships! The meet will take place August 23-24 2008, the weekend after USMS LCM Nationals, at the Eppley Recreation Center on the campus of the University of Maryland, College Park. We expect lots of FAST swimming and hope our meet can be a part of your summer swim calendar.

Links to the meet entry forms are below:

Please use the following links for the meet's Entry Form (http://www.terrapinmasters.org/Colonies-Zones-2008-LCM-entry-form.pdf) and Relay Card (http://www.terrapinmasters.org/Terrapin-Masters-Relay-Card.pdf).

mpmartin
May 23rd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Blackbeard, why don't you add this meet to the calendar of events?

Blackbeard's Peg
May 27th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Michael,
It has been submitted but the USMS Calendar is maintained and updated manually. It should be up there some time this week is my guess.

The Fortress
June 11th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Since hell hasn't frozen over, I will just say that I hate the order of events. Another zones meet that discriminates against fly-backers. Don't think I'll get in a LC 100 back this summer ... Was thinking of getting a split in the 200 back, but that's too close to the 100 fly. Argh.

tjrpatt
June 11th, 2008, 08:07 PM
The order of events aren't get. I do the 200IM and 400 Free and they are back to back at this meet. Plus, the 100 fly and 400 IM are back to back. But, on Saturday, I might have to do the dreadful 200 free and 400 IM and 800 Free.

pwolf66
June 18th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Since hell hasn't frozen over, I will just say that I hate the order of events. Another zones meet that discriminates against fly-backers. Don't think I'll get in a LC 100 back this summer ... Was thinking of getting a split in the 200 back, but that's too close to the 100 fly. Argh.

Just hammer the front 100 to a touch and then warm down the back half. Think Paul Smith :-)

Swimalison
July 7th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Hi all!
I'm new here but a competitive swimmer for years (since age 4) now living in MD!
My form is filled out for this meet and just debating whether or not I should swim it. It will be my first meet, if I swim in it, since like the 80's!!!
I'll be swimming UNAT since there are NOOOO teams at all in this area..STINKS so I'm self coaching..:(
I'm looking for some workouts to help me prep for this meet (Breaststroke).
Can someone PLEEEEASE help me find some workouts I can print out?
THANKS..
See you all at this meet..MAYBE :)
Is there an area where all the UNAT swimmers hang out? hehe.

Blackbeard's Peg
July 7th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Alison,
Check out the Workouts section of the forums. There are plenty there.
Also, some teams have posted workouts on their websites.

Hope to see you at the meet!

Swimmy
July 7th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Swimalison,
You have to come to our meet. We will take good care of you. Lots of forum people will be there. We always hang out together and we always need new friends. I will be working the awards table, so swim fast so I can give you a medal.
Swimmy
:cheerleader:

Swimalison
July 7th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Swimalison,
You have to come to our meet. We will take good care of you. Lots of forum people will be there. We always hang out together and we always need new friends. I will be working the awards table, so swim fast so I can give you a medal.
Swimmy

hehe!
Sounds good. Shine that medal up for me.
Who is awarded medals..I forgot! Is it first through 3rd place?
THANKS..
Ok. See you there. I will come say hi!
Alison

Swimalison
July 7th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Alison,
Check out the Workouts section of the forums. There are plenty there.
Also, some teams have posted workouts on their websites.

Hope to see you at the meet!

THANK YOU!! Duh..I found them after I posted my question! Plus I just found a great swim Coach at the local Y who will be working with me on my stroke and give me some workouts to do!!! :wiggle: I'm super excited!
See you at the meet!
Alison

Swimmy
July 7th, 2008, 06:28 PM
hehe!
Sounds good. Shine that medal up for me.
Who is awarded medals..I forgot! Is it first through 3rd place?
THANKS..
Ok. See you there. I will come say hi!
Alison

Yup. First through third. Sometimes we have ribbons, sometimes really cool medals..... Muppet should know what we have for this meet?

SwimStud
July 7th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Swimalison

Beware of the Ninja Pop-pom attackers...

They like to attack you at the 50m mark and cause you to chug pool water on your pullout... true story...:joker:

Swimalison
July 8th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Swimalison

They like to attack you at the 50m mark and cause you to chug pool water on your pullout... true story...:joker:

WTH?
Huh?
What are ya talking about? No one is attacking me!!! I will Ninja POP them in the crotch.hehe.
No seriously, I hope you are just being super silly.
Don't mess with me!:thhbbb:

Swimmy
July 8th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Swimalison

Studmuffin,
You loved every minute of it! You were the envy of all the guys at that meet! Watch out for the revenge of the Ninja pom pom girls!
Swimmy

Swimalison
July 8th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Studmuffin,
You loved every minute of it! You were the envy of all the guys at that meet! Watch out for the revenge of the Ninja pom pom girls!
Swimmy

Fill me in!! What are you all talking about!!!!??????:confused:

Swimmy
July 8th, 2008, 04:39 PM
The whole gang from the forum...Fortress, Ensignada, Imspoiled, Swimshark, SwimmieAVSfan, and I all had pom poms and cheered for Studmuffin in his breaststroke race. It is not our fault he choked and drank lots of pool water.
Are you on Facebook? That is where we all hang out more than here now.
Swimmy

Swimalison
July 8th, 2008, 06:13 PM
The whole gang from the forum...Fortress, Ensignada, Imspoiled, Swimshark, SwimmieAVSfan, and I all had pom poms and cheered for Studmuffin in his breaststroke race. It is not our fault he choked and drank lots of pool water.
Are you on Facebook? That is where we all hang out more than here now.
Swimmy

Thanks for explaining!!! Too funny! :laugh2:Nope. Not on Facebook. Can you give me the link so I can be part of this crazy Master's swimming group? hehehhe.

The Fortress
July 8th, 2008, 10:56 PM

I could have sworn you were basking in the attention from your pom pom entourage! :laugh2:

Welcome swimalison!

SwimStud
July 8th, 2008, 11:49 PM
I could have sworn you were basking in the attention from your pom pom entourage! :laugh2:

Welcome swimalison!

OK this year I am charging if you ladies want me to pose for pictures...and check out my ab!
:lmao:

Swimmy
July 9th, 2008, 07:22 AM

Welcome swimalison!
Yup.....basking....I think we should charge you, Studmuffin! All the guys at the meet were wishing they had an entourage!
Swimmy

Swimalison
July 9th, 2008, 08:29 AM

Welcome swimalison!
This is too cute! You all look like you have a blast at these meets!!
Are you all UNAT or on the same team????

SwimStud
July 9th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Yup.....basking....I think we should charge you, Studmuffin! All the guys at the meet were wishing they had an entourage!
Swimmy

Yeah but then they'd all be Swim Studs... there can be only one! It's a bit like The Highlander but without the decapitation etc.

tjrpatt
July 9th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Hi all!
I'm new here but a competitive swimmer for years (since age 4) now living in MD!
My form is filled out for this meet and just debating whether or not I should swim it. It will be my first meet, if I swim in it, since like the 80's!!!
I'll be swimming UNAT since there are NOOOO teams at all in this area..STINKS so I'm self coaching..:(
I'm looking for some workouts to help me prep for this meet (Breaststroke).
Can someone PLEEEEASE help me find some workouts I can print out?
THANKS..
See you all at this meet..MAYBE :)
Is there an area where all the UNAT swimmers hang out? hehe.

I think that University of Delaware has a program. They swim like three times a week. I met a couple that swim in that area(don't know if they swim for University of Delaware) but I haven't seen them in years so I have no idea what they are doing.

Swimalison
July 9th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I think that University of Delaware has a program. They swim like three times a week. I met a couple that swim in that area(don't know if they swim for University of Delaware) but I haven't seen them in years so I have no idea what they are doing.

Hi!
I think they use to. I emailed the contact person and they said a group of them just meet to swim..but there is not a coach. Also you have to pay like $100 a month or something and I'm already a member at my YMCA that has a great pool.....I have the place to swim, swimmers, and an awesome potential coach so....just waiting on the go!!!
Thanks for your help!!

Blackbeard's Peg
July 21st, 2008, 11:11 PM
Yup. First through third. Sometimes we have ribbons, sometimes really cool medals..... Muppet should know what we have for this meet?

Placed the order last week. Same as last year, but with "2008." Everyone liked the medals, so why not keep it rolling. :oldman:

SwimStud
July 22nd, 2008, 10:46 AM
Placed the order last week. Same as last year, but with "2008." Everyone liked the medals, so why not keep it rolling. :oldman:

Could we have a podium and laurel wreaths too this year?

Swimmy
July 22nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
Anything for you Studmuffin! You want some peeled grapes too?

SwimStud
July 22nd, 2008, 02:39 PM
Anything for you Studmuffin! You want some peeled grapes too?

Chilled only please...no seeds...and the server has to wear the Princess Leia at Jabba's Palace outfit...no not the Bounty Hunter one!

Swimmy
July 22nd, 2008, 04:48 PM
haha. You have a good fantasy life! You lost me with the Princess Leia outfit. Ninja pom pom chicks don't do that!

SwimStud
July 22nd, 2008, 09:49 PM
! You lost me with the Princess Leia outfit.

I'll settle for the "Danish ears" hairstyle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f9plD-JZsw

Swimmy
July 23rd, 2008, 06:13 AM
I'll settle for the "Danish ears" hairstyle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f9plD-JZsw

haha. I don't think that would be a good look for me, but I appreciate your fashion advice.

swimshark
July 24th, 2008, 03:56 PM
haha. I don't think that would be a good look for me, but I appreciate your fashion advice.

I'd need a lot more hair for that look!

Alison, don't let him fool you. Stud loves the pom poms.

Slowswim
July 30th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I just found out I will be in DC all of August and September. I don't know my work schedule to know if I can make it. I will try to help Jeff fill out his first heat (assuming slowest to fastest).:cane:

What do I do if I can't find my USMS card?:dunno:
</IMG></IMG>

Slowswim
July 30th, 2008, 04:12 PM
There seems to be a lot of Masters clubs in the DC area. I'm staying near Liberty Mall/N. Van Dorn and have a car (this time). What's the best/closest club to me?

pwolf66
July 31st, 2008, 09:28 AM
There seems to be a lot of Masters clubs in the DC area. I'm staying near Liberty Mall/N. Van Dorn and have a car (this time). What's the best/closest club to me?

Looks like Alexandria Masters is the closest to you.

http://www.alexandriamasters.com/

Hopefully, you can come to Colonies LCM, there's a crew from the forums that will be there.

Slowswim
July 31st, 2008, 09:46 AM
This time of year is our busiest and routinely requies 6-7 days a week (usually in September) so I can't commit yet, but if I miss the deadline to swim; hopefulling I can get there to cheer. :fish2:swim:cheerleader:cheer or beer :drink: That is the question.

Swimalison
August 21st, 2008, 02:02 PM
GOOD LUCK everyone at the meet Saturday!
I decided not to swim as I currently swim UNAT and don't have a Coach. I need to work on my starts before competiting again.
But I'll be at some meets soon, promise. SO WATCH out...hehe:woot:

Slowswim
August 24th, 2008, 08:37 PM
First, HUGE congratulations to Jeff (Blackbeards Peg) for a great event and a personal “thank you” for getting me in at the last minute.:bow:

Stud: Well done on your dropping all your times on Saturday, especially 14 seconds off your 200 breast!:notworthy:

Fort: it was a pleasure meeting you. I now understand FAF. You were a perfect hostess for that mob. How do you do it?:groovy:

Blainesapprentice: it was great to meet a new grad that knew what she wanted next. I wish you all the best.:woot:

Swimshark: thanks to you and John for getting me home.

Hulk: How do you do it, swim that fast with that much concentration AND sit next to Jim all day?? I’m in awe!

Swimmy: Thank you for finding me and getting to the formites!

Mermaid: what an awesome team you make! Did you win the team championship? But, I am more impressed with how you dealt with Jim. Of course you are the consummate waitress!:lmao:

Ensignada: thank you so much for convincing me it was okay to my a$$ kicked by a 67 year old woman in the 50 breast as long as I did my best. You reminded me why we do this. For beer and pizza! Plus my 3 PBs…:rolleyes:

Imspoiled and Dana: It was great to you meet you and your husbands. I was trying to use only forum names, butt I couldn’t find Dana’s avartar so I was stuck. Even though I was voted off the table; thanx for a fun evening!:groovy:

Jim: Thank you for not using me in your interviews or photos! You did make it interesting! I hope Fort sanitized the pink pony. I intend to look up your past articles; whether I read your next…that’s under review.:whiteflag:

SwimmieAvsFan and Julie: I’m sorry we did meet, but it was nice to put a face to a name.

Thank you all for helping me through my second meet and first LCM. I expected y’all would be a little “out there” as the finely tuned athletes that you, but to say I was a little “slack jawed” would be an understatement! What a fun group! After the serious discussions on the forum, you took me by surprise. I’ll be ready next time. :rolleyes:

Thank you all.

I hope I didn’t miss, but I know I did; Julie’s Tim, I’m sorry. We didn’t meet and I don’t how to find your name, but again; it was nice to be in the presence of another formite.:agree:

Blackbeard's Peg
August 25th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Results

pwolf66
August 26th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Hulk: How do you do it, swim that fast with that much concentration AND sit next to Jim all day?? I’m in awe!

Bill,

Very nice to meet you and hope to see you again in the future.

As for Jim, I have to keep singing 'The wheels on the bus go round and round' in my head as defensive white noise.

Paul

SwimStud
August 26th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Bill,

Very nice to meet you and hope to see you again in the future.

As for Jim, I have to keep singing 'The wheels on the bus go round and round' in my head as defensive white noise.

Paul

My favourite line "That's my daughter...she's ten!"

mermaid
August 27th, 2008, 10:13 PM
OMG -

You are all so sincere and absolutely true

Love you all

The Fortress
August 28th, 2008, 03:55 PM
My favourite line "That's my daughter...she's ten!"

I was really jealous that she already has bigger feet than me!

How did Tom Patterson sit right next to us Team Hottub folk and not introduce himself?!

SwimStud
August 29th, 2008, 09:19 AM
How did Tom Patterson sit right next to us Team Hottub folk and not introduce himself?!
I dunno...
He said he was the best swimmer around...perhaps we ought to have recognised him? ;) :p

Tom...you should have come and shared our Aleve/Advil/Jolt Gum/Power Gel party! Nobody gets away without some ribbing. The one thing is that you just have to learn to tune Jim Thornton out...
:joker:

jim thornton
August 29th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Excellent, grasshopper. First you must soak in all wisdom that the Jimmie can provide you; then, you must fly on your own to see if your wings will work; and finally, when you see the Bhudda in the road, you must kill him.

Just do not allow the crime to be linked in anyway to the Jimmie.