PDA

View Full Version : Missing link from Nationals page

mattson
May 25th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I have noticed that if I go to the Competition/Nationals (http://www.usms.org/comp/nationals.php) tab from the home page, that the info for LCM Nationals does not yet link (via the title) to the nationals (http://www.usms.org/comp/lcnats08) page.

I meant to send this by e-mail to the webmasters, but from the Contact USMS page, when I click on "Submit Feedback/Requests to web team", I get "Error 404 - Document Not Found". (Doh!)

matysekj
May 25th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Mark. I've fixed the nationals page now - forgot to update that one before.

The contact USMS problem you saw was an artificial one - you were connected from a foreign IP address that has been identified as a source of spam in the past. Most of the spam problems we see originate from the European or Asia/Pacific regions and what you saw was one way that we fight it. The page you wanted to get to is fine, but just won't work from an identified spam source.

mattson
May 26th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Thanks Jim.

And the second part helps explain all the "fight spam" posters they have up around the lab. :angel:

pat tullman
May 26th, 2008, 01:48 PM
:wiggle:I just completed registering for the Nat'l LCM'S . Need to say WOW. The site was effecient even to the degree of supplying my times in the events I chose. Cheers to the Techies who have made this so SIMPLE..THANKYOU TO WHOMEVER. :applaud:

matysekj
May 26th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Thanks, Pat. For those who haven't registered for nationals yet, Pat is referencing a new feature released with this meet's online entry system (https://www.usms.org/comp/lcnats08/onlineentry.php). It's now integrated with our meet results database (http://www.usms.org/comp/meets/), providing a link for each event to a little pop-up showing a selectable list of all your swims in that event over the past 2 years. Saves you the time of digging around to find your times to use for entry times.

These links only appear for USMS members entering the meet, and require a fairly recent web browser and JavaScript support enabled in your web browser in order to work.

imspoiled
May 27th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Jim-

Can we override the times pulled from the meet database if needed?

I'm thinking of swims that may not have been submitted to the meet results data, or conversion times.

Dana

matysekj
May 27th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Yes, you can still manually enter a seed time if you like. Using the times provided is optional.

Blackbeard's Peg
May 27th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Uhm, Spoiled One, what do you need that cool new feature for? Your entry is being done via paper! :dedhorse::banana::D

imspoiled
May 28th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Uhm, Spoiled One, what do you need that cool new feature for? Your entry is being done via paper! :dedhorse::banana::D

I am holding out hope.... We have made some progress this year. He let me reserve rooms, and he's willing to hear us out re: travel plans. I'm giving optimism a try this year:rolleyes:.

pwolf66
May 28th, 2008, 03:39 PM
You guys still having to submit your entries on stone tablets?

imspoiled
May 28th, 2008, 03:53 PM
You guys still having to submit your entries on stone tablets?

Worse than that, Paul. SNAIL MAIL!

Until they work those kinks out of that internet thing, USPS is the way to go. (where's the toung-in-cheek smilie?)

Michelina
May 28th, 2008, 04:40 PM

I am holding out hope.... We have made some progress this year. He let me reserve rooms, and he's willing to hear us out re: travel plans. I'm giving optimism a try this year:rolleyes:.

I almost peed my pants!!! LOL... isn't it the truth! :frustrated:

SwimStud
May 30th, 2008, 05:32 PM

Worse than that, Paul. SNAIL MAIL!

Until they work those kinks out of that internet thing, USPS is the way to go. (where's the toung-in-cheek smilie?)

Don't laugh, I hear those darn 1776'ers have paid off the PA postmaster general to forward any land mail, and set up internet listening posts to intercept any electronic "chatter" emanating from Pennypack...they'll do anything to get their hand on the coach's playbook!
Beware of lurkers! :Lurking:

:joker: