PDA

View Full Version : Signature Picture

JMiller
June 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
I see one of the new features is being able to have larger pictures in our signature... Interesting, but my question, is there a way to make the picture medium, and not quite so large... It seems that I can only have the picture at full size, is there something I'm missing to adjust that?

matysekj
June 3rd, 2008, 05:38 PM
That was a mistake, Jonathan :eek:. Thanks for pointing it out. The signature picture size limitation has been changed back to 500 x 100 px maximum for most users and yours has been resized to fit this.

JMiller
June 4th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Okay, fair enough... I like this format just fine... Just wondering... How does the short video on your avatar work like that?

That was a mistake, Jonathan :eek:. Thanks for pointing it out. The signature picture size limitation has been changed back to 500 x 100 px maximum for most users and yours has been resized to fit this.

3strokes
June 4th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Okay, fair enough... I like this format just fine... Just wondering... How does the short video on your avatar work like that?

It's an animated GIF picture (not a real Video) :drink:

matysekj
June 4th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Members with 500+ posts have the ability to upload animated gif files for their avatars, along with some other elevated privileges. The avatars still need to be 100 x 100 pixels and 50K max for those users (100 x 100 and 20K max for those with 30+ posts). Administrators get a little more space. :mooning: Those with less than 30 posts can only select from the stock avatars available on this site.

chaos
June 7th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Members with 500+ posts have the ability to upload animated gif files for their avatars, along with some other elevated privileges.

so does this otherwise meaningless comment count toward my 500?

rhetorical question........don't answer.

JMiller
June 23rd, 2008, 03:01 AM
Jim,

What are the "other elevated privileges" for breaking the 500 post barrier?

Members with 500+ posts have the ability to upload animated gif files for their avatars, along with some other elevated privileges. The avatars still need to be 100 x 100 pixels and 50K max for those users (100 x 100 and 20K max for those with 30+ posts). Administrators get a little more space. :mooning: Those with less than 30 posts can only select from the stock avatars available on this site.

matysekj
June 24th, 2008, 04:31 PM

Can't remember all the specifics off-hand and I'm too lazy to compare the hundreds of options settings one by one. What I do remember is that there are some minor differences in the allowed size of your signature and signature graphics (and maybe profile graphics), allowable use of animated gifs in various areas, more PM storage space, plus the ability to have a custom user title (instead of just "very active member").

There may also be some elevated privileges with new features that will arrive here with a software upgrade - perhaps more images allowed in your photo gallery for instance. A few of the upcoming new features (blogs and photo gallery) will be limited to USMS members only. I'm holding off on installing the updates until we have a good way of identifying USMS members here so that only they get access to some of the new features.

gull
June 25th, 2008, 09:57 AM

Jim will take your picture at Nationals.

waves101
June 25th, 2008, 10:17 AM
What level do I have to be at to get someone to swim my events for me when I get tired???:fish2:

Rob Copeland
June 25th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Members with over 1,000 posts are invited to join the Jim Matysek Synchronized Swimming Team. I understanding his latest routine contains synchronized :mooning: and :drink:
:bolt:

aquageek
July 30th, 2008, 07:43 PM
I've heard Jim's gonna have a kissing booth and George Park has pre-bought all available tickets.

Iwannafly
March 1st, 2009, 02:23 PM
1378I have searched for a place to post my 500th. Since my posts usually add little or no value to the thread in which they reside, I figured I would post here! It's out of the way and not many people should notice it. That being said, I am open to suggestions for the custom membership status to replace 'Very Active Member'! Where's Jimby when you need him?