PDA

View Full Version : I Wanna Swim Here!!!

pwolf66
June 3rd, 2008, 08:01 PM
This is just fabulous.

http://www.flocasts.org/floswimming/speakers.php?sid=1151&vid=15916

Paul

rtodd
June 3rd, 2008, 08:31 PM
I just can't believe how big some of these Div 1 schools are. I was there in 2005 for business and really checked out the campus. That whole town is orange. Their football stadium is the biggest (or was at the time) in all of football and is always packed.

USMSarah
June 3rd, 2008, 09:08 PM
The state of Tennessee really needed a facility like this - WOW! Those future recruits are in for a treat!

Hopefully some MASTERS MEETS will be held there someday?!?!?!?!?

Those blocks are incredible - from the color of them to the adjustable backstroke start handles!

:applaud: Go Vols!

knelson
June 4th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Let me get this straight. They now have three 50 meter pools on campus?

Awesome facility. Looks like a good place for Masters Nationals to me.

swimshark
June 4th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Wow!!

aquageek
June 4th, 2008, 08:08 AM

You've obviously never been to Knoxville. Take a left at the end of the goat path.

As a Dawg, I'm required to say this. It's an awesome pool, however. I also know their women's swim coach is a tremendous young guy.

Jeff Commings
June 4th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I'm sure the other UT would make a fine place for masters nationals.

But could they really do a better job than the folks at the real UT?

ande
June 4th, 2008, 12:11 PM
that was a lot of work
i much prefer meets where you just show up and swim

thewookiee
June 4th, 2008, 12:31 PM

Jeff,

Why do texas people continue to put down THE UT? Do you all wish you could have been part of the best orange/white school? Is it jealousy?
We all know the is only one UT...The University of Tennessee. Maybe one day you and your fellow shorthorns will come to realize it too.:p

aquageek
June 4th, 2008, 12:50 PM
The only thing real about the University of Washed Up Orange @ Hill Country is that it became a real university about 100 years after UT.

They do excel in implanting some teenager chip in their athletes which forces them to get pre-pubescent tats at age 48, trying to relive the glory I suspect.

Chris Stevenson
June 4th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I also know their women's swim coach is a tremendous young guy.

He is, despite the poor judgment he showed in choosing to attend -- and swim for -- Duke as a youngster.

He was our previous coach at U of Richmond and one of the factors in his decision to look elsewhere is that our administration refused to build a 50m pool when they renovated the rec center.

Um, he doesn't appear to have that problem anymore...

Betsy
June 4th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Chris,
I have to work on you and your Duke bashing!
As to Nationals in Knoxville...LC Nationals were in Knoxville in 1975. What I remember most is that they deck seeded every event. You had to report to a Clerk of Course for seeding. It was tough if you swam two events in a row since there was little time for cool down. I can't remember much else except that I had lots of fun.
Betsy

thewookiee
June 4th, 2008, 01:33 PM
The only thing real about the University of Washed Up Orange @ Hill Country is that it became a real university about 100 years after UT.

They do excel in implanting some teenager chip in their athletes which forces them to get pre-pubescent tats at age 48, trying to relive the glory I suspect.

Sour grapes from a jealous dog.

aquageek
June 4th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Sour grapes from a jealous dog.

Um, I was taking your side.

thewookiee
June 4th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Well...it is hard to tell when it starts off as "washed-up"

TRYM_Swimmer
June 4th, 2008, 03:45 PM

Unless they have gotten rid of any, at least three. There were two (one in/one out) in 1975 when we had Long Course Masters there, where our son of 10 weeks was breastfed between his mother's events.

slknight
June 4th, 2008, 03:59 PM

They have 3 on one campus and there aren't any in my entire STATE. :frustrated:

thewookiee
June 4th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Yes, they are planning on keeping all three as well. 2 indoor and 1 outdoor. Don't get too excited...the indoor one is pretty old but from the last SEC championships held there, it is still really fast.

The TN high school state championships are supposed to be held in the new indoor pool next year.

tjrpatt
June 4th, 2008, 06:47 PM
That is a beautiful pool. It looks like heaven.

quicksilver
June 7th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Great facility.

Not to get off track, but this one is pretty unique. A hotel pool in Vancouver.
http://www.lestwarog.com/1000beach/images/pool.jpg

Allen Stark
June 7th, 2008, 06:29 PM
1975 was my first Nats and I was blown away by 2 50M pools,now they have 3,WOW.

amyro1234
June 14th, 2008, 09:15 AM
What a beautiful pool! And the pool in Vancover is definately unique-I would love to swim in it:fish2:

Renaissance Swimmer
June 14th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Here's a great place where you CAN swim this summer, August 14-17 at the USMS Long Course Nationals: the Mt. Hood Community College Aquatic Center. This isn't the same pool that you remember. Built three decades ago, the college invested $1.4 million in 2007 to create a state-of-the-sport 50 meter pool after consulting with USA Swimming and FINA. The tank is now "probably one of the top 10 in the nation," according to the college press office, which also quotes one Olympic swimmer as calling it perhaps the "fastest tank in the U.S." The 1,000 gallon competition pool ranges in depth from 6 to 12 feet, and is complemented by a 25-yard indoor warm-up pool, seating for up to 4,000 spectators, a hydrotherapy pool and an electronic scoreboard capable projecting real-time video. Check out the other great experiences awaiting you in Oregon by visiting the Nationals Section of these forums, and enter Nationals today!

http://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.1&disp=emb&view=att&th=11a88a5a4d7b57be

http://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.2&disp=emb&view=att&th=11a88a5a4d7b57be

http://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.3&disp=emb&view=att&th=11a88a5a4d7b57be

http://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.6&disp=emb&view=att&th=11a88a5a4d7b57be

knelson
June 14th, 2008, 07:42 PM
The 1,000 gallon competition pool

I'm guessing you might be off by about three orders of magnitude. :)

Renaissance Swimmer
June 14th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Make that "1 million" !

marksman
June 15th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Awesome. Now they can kick the aqua aerobics out of the lap pool for good.