PDA

View Full Version : Pools in Allentown area?

phdude
June 10th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Well I just got back from the honeymoon and now relocating to Allentown. We just finished unboxing and it looks like I finally have some time to get back into the pool. I'm pretty antsy to get back in, as my last workout has to have been almost three weeks ago. that is, outside of a nice 5 mile Open-Water swim across the Bora Bora lagoon :) anyway, I was hoping someone could help me find a pool in the Allentown area. I'm pretty spoiled to my college's flexible open-swim hours and was hoping I could find a place that would have the pool open long enough to fit in a 6-8k workout if I desired. I read that the OAA integrated health campus has an olympic size pool-is that open to the public, or is there another long course nearby? thanks!

Leonard Jansen
June 10th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Not a pool, but events: They have an open water swim in the Lehigh River in the relatively near future. Contact: emacswim@rcn.com

Also a nice race in the Hazleton area:
http://www.ymca-ywca-of-hazleton.org/triathlon/race.htm

-LBJ

phdude
June 11th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I just found out my employer will pay for membership with the pool at the Westend Tennis club (6lane), so hopefully that will be nice. it looks like a masters team meets there occasionally too.

tjrpatt
June 11th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah,

From what I heard at Local Delaware Valley Meets, they meet pretty regularly. Go to dvmasters.org to find out contact info.