PDA

View Full Version : 2010 USMS SCY Nationals at GA Tech - It May Happen

Glider
June 17th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Did anyone else get the June GA Newsletter from Bob K where they announced the GA LMSC is bidding on the USMS SCY Nationals for 2010?

How cool would that be to win it? And if we bid, it could happen -- from what I've read, there just aren't that many bidders in a given year...And it's due to come back east...

Woot

Donna
June 17th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Rally the troops there Glider, we have a bid to go after!

tjburk
June 17th, 2008, 10:40 AM
GA Tech....UGA....Lundquist Natatorium....there are plenty of pools in the Atlanta area to use!!!!!!!! Might even have my arm fixed by then!!!!!!!

CreamPuff
June 17th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I'd so be there! I love that facility! Swam there twice this LCM season and it's a FAST pool. What do we each need to do to make this happen?

WPSWIMS
June 17th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I will be there! Nice to have a Nationals where I do not have to pay for a hotel or rent a car. I can warm up close to my son's house in Lawrenceville and then catch MARTA in CHamblee! No sharing a lane with thousands of others during warm up like Austin! Hopefully airfare will not be too ridiculous...its a long drive from Denver. I am looking forward to seeing my Georgia friends.

Glider
June 17th, 2008, 10:43 PM
The GA LMSC is looking for volunteer help. The newsletter isn't up on the GA LMSC site yet, so here's a copy of the text (Kristina, this sounds like a job for somone in YOUR fam):

Help Wanted!!!!

Your Georgia Masters LMSC is bidding to bring the 2010 USMS SCY National Championship here to Atlanta. The last time we had a National Championship in our state
was in 2004 when Savannah, Georgia hosted the USMS LCM Championship. At that meet we had over 100 swimmers from Georgia and about 60 relays. A great time was had by all.

If we are successful in our bid, the meet will be held during the last week of May 2010 at the Georgia Tech Aquatic Center– home of the 1996 Olympic Games.

We need your help to win this bid. If you:

• Have artistic ability
• Are a graphic artist
• Like to design logo's
• Have talent in the area of Multi-Media presentations

We need your help.

Please contact Ed Saltzman – es7204@att.com --as soon as possible.

I'd so be there! I love that facility! Swam there twice this LCM season and it's a FAST pool. What do we each need to do to make this happen?

pwolf66
June 20th, 2008, 10:42 PM
I would love that. A drivable meet would be awesome!!!!!!

Paul

swimshark
June 22nd, 2008, 08:37 AM
I'd go!! A free place to stay (mom and dad's or sister's) and a cool pool!