PDA

View Full Version : Superman!

TRYM_Swimmer
June 18th, 2008, 04:22 PM
This should be VERY interesting to watch!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/more/06/18/bc.oly.swm.usswimtrials.ap/index.html

ehoch
June 18th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Come on -- we are all swimmers here - he is not going to swim nine events. He will swim the 100 / 200 Fly, 200 / 400 IM and the 200 Free. He may swim the 100 Free - but probably not (maybe he will drop a 47.9 in prelims and drop the rest).

TRYM_Swimmer
June 19th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I know he is not going to swim 9 events, but I'm not sure which ones or how many he will swim. He was really close to the backstroke WRs earlier in the year. Maybe he will mix it up.

tjrpatt
June 20th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I know he is not going to swim 9 events, but I'm not sure which ones or how many he will swim. He was really close to the backstroke WRs earlier in the year. Maybe he will mix it up.

That is an insane schedule even for Michael. I think that he will do the 100 free at Trials but swim to get fourth at finals. What is with the 400 free. Also, he doesn't need to beat Spitz's record to be the greatest swimmer of all time. He already is.

Redbird Alum
June 20th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Also, he doesn't need to beat Spitz's record to be the greatest swimmer of all time. He already is.

You gotta admit, by entering nine events, he gives himself an opportunity to secure seven swims at the Olympics. If he only enters seven, and misses one, it's four more years to the next go-round.

Tying Spitz' record would certainly keep him in the record books a good long time, whereas his individual event times may be eclipsed much sooner.

Perhaps he wants to leave a mark...

3strokes
June 20th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Perhaps he wants to leave a mark...

............. Good one.............