PDA

View Full Version : Do You Coach Indoors? Take a look at this article.

Brian Stack
June 20th, 2008, 03:37 PM
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1145/is_11_36/ai_80448471/pg_1
One of my swimmers who works as a lifeguard for the City of SF found this article on indoor air hazards unique to swimming pools. Glad I'm working outside!

cwilson
July 6th, 2008, 02:53 PM
My son is on a year round team and they practice predominantly indoors. I have wondered about the air quality...Thankfully the coach has been conducting as many practices outside as possible right now.

I think the problem originates from the desire to save money...which is really sad.

Typhoons Coach
October 6th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I think the problem originates from the desire to save money...which is really sad.

Just to reopen this discussion, I am wondering what money is saved in these examples? Perhaps I didn't read through the article enough, but please help me understand what you mean...

anita
October 6th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Thank you for posting the article. I think I will print this out and slip it under the door of the aquatics director at our Y. Maybe it will encourage them to open a couple of doors to encourage ventilation.

Typhoons Coach
October 6th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Thank you for posting the article. I think I will print this out and slip it under the door of the aquatics director at our Y. Maybe it will encourage them to open a couple of doors to encourage ventilation.

Hopefully he/she is paying close attention to the ventilation as well as the Combined Chlorine level(s) which is where you will find the particles of chloramine gases. The Chloromine gases pose the biggest threat (at least from my experience with pools) and absolutely should be watched! As a hint, you can tell if the Combined Chlorine level is too high if you are able to smell the chlorine when you walk in the door...