PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Tape delay for Sunday

ehoch
June 27th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I really this part of our TV coverage (actually I hate all NBC Olympic coverage) -- NBC will show Swimming at 8 PM on Sunday -- 3 hour delay --

Any ideas ? I am going to make a call out to see who has East Coast TV

knelson
June 27th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I think satellite TV usually has an east coast feed, so that might be an option. Personally I'm going to avoid looking at anything on the web or TV news that might give away results. It's a lot more exciting if you don't know what's going to happen.

KeithM
June 27th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Nothing But Crap strikes again.

This is typical for them. Though the impression I've gotten up to now was that this was a live nationwide broadcast. I hope they show all the semifinals but they'll probably only pick and choose which semi heats they televise so they can go to break.

They are going to stream it live from their Olympic website so that's another option if you can't find the satellite link up.

Sam Perry
June 27th, 2008, 07:06 PM
You could always invite your non swimmer friends over and start a betting on the races. They probably have no idea it is on a 3 hour delay. Could turn out to be very profitable.

knelson
June 27th, 2008, 07:08 PM
but they'll probably only pick and choose which semi heats they televise so they can go to break.

...and so they can showcase the athletes they've predetermined to focus on.

ehoch
June 30th, 2008, 02:00 AM
I still hate NBC --

The live stream is amazing and I think Josh Davis should be the announcer for all swimming -- he is doing great. But cutting out the 100 Breast ?? Why ?

Then - I am also watching the Track trials -- the best event in track is the decathlon - hands down. They did not show a single event from the decathlon today - which was the first day. How is that even possible ? It's not about the sport -- it's about who they want to promote for Beijing.

Then they show the 4th place finisher in the long jump, but not the winner. Instead we get to see the first round of the 400m runners.

NBC - No Brain Cells

knelson
June 30th, 2008, 04:47 PM
The live stream is amazing and I think Josh Davis should be the announcer for all swimming -- he is doing great.

I agree. I watched this morning and Josh was great. He knew about lots of swimmers and was excited (or acted like he was) about every single heat. It's pretty cool when you're swimming in the first heat and you get a "good job" by Josh Davis.

KeithM
June 30th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Diverted to USA network tonight. At least here. I wish that meant less commercials so they could squeeze in the entirety of the session (unlike last night). I doubt that however.

knelson
June 30th, 2008, 07:40 PM
I would guess the entire finals session takes more than an hour and that's why the breast got cut last night. Hey, I figure we're lucky to get an hour. I'm not going to complain.

KeithM
June 30th, 2008, 07:43 PM
The session would fit in the hour if they didn't break it up for as many adverts. If I miss a world record I will most certainly complain. :mad:

knelson
June 30th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Yes, but it's supposedly live even though some of us are getting it as a tape delay. They aren't going to edit the broadcast just for the Pacific time zone.