PDA

View Full Version : Toyota/Dara Torres Swim Clinics

ALM
June 28th, 2008, 08:02 PM
A message from USMS President Rob Copeland:

As part of their sponsorship of Swimming, Toyota is working with United States Masters Swimming to conduct a number of clinics featuring Dara Torres! As many of you know Dara will be competing for an unprecedented 5th Olympic team at the Olympic Trials in Omaha this July. What you may not know is Toyota is a proud sponsor of USA Swimming and of Dara. Because of this partnership, Toyota has offered to sponsor a number of Masters Clinics led by Dara. Toyota will be selecting the host clubs based upon the number of requests on their web site.

I strongly encourage you to spread the word and get your teammates to go to the web site below and take advantage of this unique opportunity to spend time with one of the world’s greatest female athletes.

Click on the Toyota/Dara Torres link below and let Toyota hear from you and your club. The club that generates the most requests may be getting a visit from one of the most decorated Olympic swimmers in history! Don't miss this opportunity!

http://www.toyotaswimming.com/mastersswimming/

JMiller
June 29th, 2008, 11:47 AM
You know that's interesting. Dara is my hero, and I bought a 2008 Yaris this year. The money I'm saving in gas has been paying for the car! That's like a free car! Although, I'm not saying one brand is better than the other, I'm sure more and more fuel-efficient vehicles will be produced by many different companies as we move forward. Maybe we'll even have a swimming car soon, you know, a car that runs on water. (I saw a tv show about a machine that splits the h2o, and burns the hydrogen for fuel, ironically the by-product of this chemical reaction was, you guessed it, water)

tjrpatt
June 29th, 2008, 01:49 PM
I checked this site and this Cullen Jones is a spokesperson this Toyota Clinic. I don't get why he is getting all these endorsements before he even made the Olympic team. I just hope that Hansen has a bigger endorsement deal with Nike than Jones.

JMiller
June 29th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I don't know how the world of endorsements really works, although I can tell you right now, increasing market share of a particular product is a sales skill, and that ultimately has very little to do with how fast a person can swim.

I checked this site and this Cullen Jones is a spokesperson this Toyota Clinic. I don't get why he is getting all these endorsements before he even made the Olympic team. I just hope that Hansen has a bigger endorsement deal with Nike than Jones.