PDA

View Full Version : So it's been a year....

Seagurl51
July 1st, 2008, 11:08 AM
Between school, travelling, and life in general somehow a year has gone by and I haven't been in the water. So tomorrow is my first day and I'm pretty sure it will be fairly tough thanks to my roommates never ending supply of cake and cookies.

Does any body have any good tips or ideas of how best to go about this? My team hosts a meet in September and I was hoping to compete in that and be at least half way back to my old self. Is that a realistic goal?

Any thoughts would be awesome. :)

p.s. HELLO AGAIN! :groovy:

SwimStud
July 1st, 2008, 11:10 AM
Stretch! Eat bananas after workout.

USMSarah
July 1st, 2008, 11:17 AM
You absolutely can get yourself into decent shape before September. Just take one day at a time. I always enjoy that first 25 yards when you jump in after being gone for a long time... you feel great and smooth... and then when you get to about 50 or 75 you feel like you're gonna die. However, just take it slow and work on your technique. I'd say after week 3 you're gonna feel a lot better.

Just FYI... I had twins in February and I started back in the pool in maybe late April early May? I am feeling really good right now - not in tip top shape... still have more pregnancy weight to lose. But, I slowly brought in paddles and a pull buoy into my practices. I wanted to get enough strength built up before I worked hard with the appliances (to avoid injury). I feel very strong and can't wait to possibly compete in the fall. There aren't many meets around here in the summer.

Good luck!