PDA

View Full Version : A Heartfelt Thanks To Everyone

Nathan
July 1st, 2008, 09:43 PM
Many of you know my wife, or know of her. Tonight she achieved her dream of qualifying for her second Olympics, and I want to say thank you to everyone who has kept her in their thoughts and prayers. I share with her the posts of support that people make as well as the private messages and e-mails. This community is awesome. With very few exceptions, this is an extremely kind and caring online community that all of us users are blessed to have.

Our motto going into tonight was "Let go and let God." We believe He certainly answers prayers and put her in the right places at the right times for training, competing, and with her support group--coaches, trainers, family and fans. That absolutely includes the members of this forum who have taken the time to send their best wishes. That you would take the time to share your thoughts means a lot.

I'm sitting here in the media room at the Qwest Center right now trying to still get my work done for SwimNetwork, which I'm sure many can imagine is pretty difficult at the moment. :wine:

Again, my heartfelt thanks to all of you. We ask you keep Megan in your prayers as she takes on the 200-meter breaststroke later in the week, as well as when she travels to Beijing in August.

With absolute gratitude,

Nathan

USMSarah
July 1st, 2008, 09:54 PM
Congrats to Megan (and you)! What a swim! That 100 made me so nervous and I wasn't even swimming it. ;)

I bet she can relax now that she made the team and enjoy the 2-breast. Good luck to you both and enjoy every second of it.

Have a blast in Beijing... you know we will want a full report.

Go USA!

thewookiee
July 1st, 2008, 10:00 PM
Megan and Nathan,

Congratulations!!! All of us here wish you the very best of luck. No matter what happens in a few weeks, we will still be just as proud. You are a great example of what a person can do, when there is no given up on yourself!

John

JMiller
July 1st, 2008, 10:49 PM
Wow! Congratulations.....!!!
1/100th, that is a nail biter!
:party2:

knelson
July 2nd, 2008, 12:03 AM
That was incredible, Nathan. I was so focused on Tara Kirk--who looked to be comfortably in second--that I couldn't believe Megan snuck in there! What a finish!

edit: big night for Sean Hutchison and King, too, with Hoelzer second in the backstroke. Also Ariana Kukors had a great swim in the 200 IM semis.

Sam Perry
July 2nd, 2008, 12:26 AM
Awesome Nathan! You looked like such a proud husband and I thought her line that both of you made the team was so awesome and truly heartfelt. Couldn't be happier for y'all. CHEERS!

PArob83
July 2nd, 2008, 12:26 AM
CONGRATS!

JoeBob
July 2nd, 2008, 02:31 AM
Congrats, congrats!!!
She looked so smooth and in control. I can't wait to see her 200.
Yee haw!

swimshark
July 2nd, 2008, 07:30 AM
Congrats to the both of you!! I look forward to watching her in August.

meldyck
July 2nd, 2008, 07:50 AM
This was one of the best races in the Trials, in my view, Nathan. When the camera showed Megan at the end, she was CLEARLY the happiest swimmer at the Trials yesterday.

During the semis (and from swimming breaststroke myself) I had thought that Jessica Hardy might have strained one of her leg muscles. She went out so hard but seemed to pull up sharply in the last 50. I was thinking, going into the finals, that it might be anyone's race.

waves101
July 2nd, 2008, 08:35 AM
Congrats! I love it that first is first and second is too. Awesome expression at the finish.

pwolf66
July 2nd, 2008, 08:39 AM
What a fantastic race. And Megan looked just soooooo happy. Fantastic job!!!!

quicksilver
July 2nd, 2008, 09:32 AM
As soon as they said your name...I figured that it had to be Nathan from the forums.
Congratulations to you both. It was a very exciting race.

aquaFeisty
July 2nd, 2008, 09:38 AM
I was sooooo happy to see Megan get into the 100!! Congrats and best of luck to her in the 200!

imspoiled
July 2nd, 2008, 10:55 AM
Congrats to Megan! She had a great swim and her last 25 looked so strong! What a fantastic finish!!!

Good luck in the 200.:cheerleader:

aquageek
July 2nd, 2008, 11:18 AM
Since we all all being sappy and breaking out the hankies, I will admit her reaction with her hubby after the race was touching. Naturally, I was given the eat s**t look by my wife because I am not quite the husband that Nathan appears to be, THANKS!

How does it work with the team members and expenses? I assume the USOC, or some group, funds the entire trip for them. What about spouses/family? The reason I ask is that I know some parents of a kid who made the team and they are paying $1K USD/night for a room in Beijing for them. This hotel normally runs $100 USD/night.

That was a very exciting race.

coffeegirl
July 3rd, 2008, 07:43 PM
Our family is so proud of you Megan! Being from Tacoma, we have followed Megan for years and she has always been close to our heart. After my daughter took Megan's swim camp last summer, we gained an even greater respect for the two of you.

My husband and I were up in the mountains hiking so we missed the 100-breast final. As soon we got to civilization I had to grab a paper for the results. I think I screamed in the gas station after reading it!

The two of you are still in our families prayers as this week continues. Celebrate and enjoy! And swim really fast!

talne621
July 3rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
Congratulations!!! Good luck in Beijing!!!

ViveBene
July 4th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Congratulations! :applaud:

She looks beautiful swimming. (Beautiful in the interviews, too....) I looked at some vids from past years. She makes it look effortless!

VB

Blackbeard's Peg
July 7th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Since we all all being sappy and breaking out the hankies, I will admit her reaction with her hubby after the race was touching. Naturally, I was given the eat s**t look by my wife because I am not quite the husband that Nathan appears to be, THANKS!

The comments from NBC on this gave me a chuckle. In a meet where everyone else got out and hugged their coach, it was nice to see the family get some love.

tomtopo
July 7th, 2008, 04:48 PM
It was so much fun to see her swim!!! Good luck and God Bless!