PDA

View Full Version : 2008 LC Masters Gresham Oregon.

geochuck
July 2nd, 2008, 09:15 PM
Some great swimming going on at the Olympic Trials.

Is anybody going to the 2008 LC Masters in Gresham Oregon? I am going to be there how about you?

Donna
July 2nd, 2008, 09:22 PM
I'll be there too! I am really looking forward to getting away from work for a week. It is funny that I think of swimming at Nationals as a relaxing getaway.

swimshark
July 3rd, 2008, 07:40 AM
Me!!!! I moved to VA from near Portland so this is my first time going "home" and I can't wait. The pool is awesome, the area is awesome and I'm so excited to see old friends and meet new ones. 41 days to go.

SwimRobin
July 3rd, 2008, 11:16 AM
I will be there - I am really looking forward to it too! Donna, I understand what you are saying. Even though you are swimming, it is relaxing to get away from work and go to Nationals.

Allen Stark
July 5th, 2008, 04:37 PM
See you there gang.

swimshark
July 6th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Allen, it will be good to be in a meet with you again. I'm still OMS registered so we're still team mates. Hm.. hope that doesn't make you change teams now :)

Betsy
July 7th, 2008, 12:24 PM
One of my teammates gave me an explanation of why we are relaxed after a meet.
During the meet we focus on our swims and worry about racing. In doing that, we forget about all of the problems of the "real" world - family, job, etc. I think she is right - we worry; we race; it's over.

david.margrave
July 8th, 2008, 01:11 AM
I just registered and now I'm trying to get the hotel taken care of.

The holiday inn web site says they have rooms in Gresham, but when I called them they said they're fully booked that weekend. The on-line reservation system has out of date info I guess. The holiday inn in Troutdale only has smoking rooms - I'll keep looking. This is what I get for waiting too long.

geochuck
July 8th, 2008, 02:08 AM
I am at the Best Western in Gresham. I tried several hotels before getting a room.

david.margrave
July 8th, 2008, 02:12 AM
I ended up with the Best Western Pony Soldier, not on the shuttle route. The other best western (on the shuttle route) was booked.

geochuck
July 8th, 2008, 02:41 AM
That is where I am booked, see you there.

Paul Smith
July 8th, 2008, 09:26 AM
I'm still planning on being there and staying at swimmer Bill's pad conducting the "demolition" with a few of my buddies....oh and collecting that beer from Chris!