PDA

View Full Version : Swim caps at olympic trials

Warren
July 5th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Whats the name of the new speedo cap that everyone is wearing at trials? They are the ones that have the speedo logo on the front and are either kind of shiny black, white, or grey.

ALM
July 6th, 2008, 02:05 AM
I don't remember whether they have a "name", but I tried one on yesterday here (Omaha). There's a temporary Speedo store set up in an art gallery space in their Old Market area near downtown.

The cap comes in sizes (S, M, L...). I tried on a size M. It was incredibly tight. There is no way I could wear it for any length of time. I don't know how the Trials swimmers can stand them. The cap is also very thick, which would make it hot for a long race. The distance swimmers didn't seem to be wearing them.

Anna Lea

swimshark
July 6th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the info. I wanted to know what they are, too.

cowsvils
July 6th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Are they the dome caps? Nike has had them out for a while and they don't wrinkle, or at least they do so minimally. Anna is right though, they are very tight and aren't comfortable for long races

Warren
July 6th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Are they the dome caps? Nike has had them out for a while and they don't wrinkle, or at least they do so minimally. Anna is right though, they are very tight and aren't comfortable for long races

Thats what i noticed too, they have no ripples in them. They look cool too. I want one but can't find it on the internet.

cwilson
July 6th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I wonder if this is the cap...Speedo Racer Dome (http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDetails.asp?Click=644159&ProductCode=2884)

It's silicone so it should be easier to put on and it supposedly stretches to over 2 times it's size and has no wrinkles.

Hope this helps...

Warren
July 6th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I think that this is it. http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/12665.htm
$17.95 ? for a cap?!?!

jim clemmons
July 7th, 2008, 04:14 PM
$17.95 ? for a cap?!?!

But it will last the rest of your career if you treat it right. I bought a silicone cap at Indy in 2000 for ten bucks and it is still in (almost) perfect condition.

That's probably why they use the stuff for implants. :blush:

SwimStud
July 7th, 2008, 05:20 PM
But it will last the rest of your career if you treat it right. I bought a silicone cap at Indy in 2000 for ten bucks and it is still in (almost) perfect condition.

That's probably why they use the stuff for implants. :blush:

Yeah, but it's shame the housing doesn't always last as long and look so virile!!! Dammit Jim... I like the way your mind works though ;)