PDA

View Full Version : Speedo Womens Fastskin sizing

AnnG
July 14th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I am looking at buying a full leg Fastskin for nationals, can someone help me with the sizing? I wear a 36 in a practice suit, but the Fastskin sizes don't seem to go higher than 30. I am not a huge person, pretty average for a masters swimmer, but there is no way I would fit into a size 30 lycra Speedo. Are the technical suits on some other size chart? Or do I need to keep looking for a size 36?

FlyQueen
July 14th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I am looking at buying a full leg Fastskin for nationals, can someone help me with the sizing? I wear a 36 in a practice suit, but the Fastskin sizes don't seem to go higher than 30. I am not a huge person, pretty average for a masters swimmer, but there is no way I would fit into a size 30 lycra Speedo. Are the technical suits on some other size chart? Or do I need to keep looking for a size 36?

The sizes for the fullbody suits and practice suits are not the same at all. How tall are you? What size pants do you wear? (Personal I know but that will help determine size)

For example I wear the smallest FS Pro they make but I wear a size 32 practice suit because of my back and shoulders - I'm also short which makes it easier for me to wear the smaller sizes then it does for taller people.

AnnG
July 14th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I am 5'8" and change and wear size 10 pants, I have a long torso so I am always worried about suits cutting into my shoulders. Or worse . . .

ourswimmer
July 14th, 2008, 03:30 PM
If you are considering a Speedo FSI or FSII, you can fit in a 28L. You won't think at first that you can, but you can. (For that matter, you could probably get into a size 30 regular lycra suit if you really wanted to, but your pre-race time would probably be better spent getting into a long-leg suit.)

I wear a 27L, and I am also about 5'8" but I usually wear size 8 pants. So if you wear those size 10 pants loose, then you can probably wear a 27L too. I have never tried on an FSPro. I think I read here that you want a smaller number in a FSPro than in an FSII, but I don't have the personal experience to confirm it.

FlyQueen
July 14th, 2008, 03:35 PM
The FSPros are a bit stretchier ... I PM'd you, too Ann.

I think a 27L ... they are supposed to take some time to get into. Take your time. Put it on like pantyhose and pull it up slowly with your finger tips NOT nails. Maybe get your finger tips wet. The upper thighs, hips and butt are HORRIBLE to get over.

AnnG
July 14th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Thank you ladies for the replies - that is greatly helpful, thanks also for the pm message I read that too. I think I will go with the 28L It's all part of the psych up for nationals!

phm41
July 14th, 2008, 04:43 PM
My FSI size is 27 and so is the FS pro. I never put on a FS II. I just bought an old FSI on ebay size 27L and it's a bit more comfortable in the crotch. I am 5'5", but long waisted.(wear a 34 practice suit, or even a 36 for added length)

For ease of getting it over your butt, put a trash bag with the bottom cut out over your hips. Pull the legs up like panty hose(keeping the top part folded down towards your knees) and when you get to the top of your legs, tuck the garbage bag in to the suit a little, and then pull the suit up. It will slide right up and then you can reach in and remove the bag.