PDA

View Full Version : New Fitness Virtual Swim

Pam Himstreet
March 30th, 2003, 11:35 AM
The team from North Texas has added our eighth Virtual Swim to the series. Check out Cedar Creek Lake in the Fitness Section of the USMS Website. You can start swimming America's Waterways anytime this year and with all the swimming you do, those miles add up fast. You can also create a swim for your own area and put your team on the map.

lizzie
July 31st, 2003, 12:48 AM
Great - another swim - I sure hope that I will still be in the running for the most miles swam in the year... ( I exaggerate - if I swam the most I would be so much faster) I am thrilled that Texas developed such a great swim... But, for all of us folks who cannot do such complex math - how many miles total? per leg of the swim, etc.? I would make a joke about George W. right now - but we all know that this would get us nowhere!

Thanks Texas for a great swim - I really enjoy the virtual swims and hope others participate and enjoy them as much as I do.

I can't wait to proudly wear my t-shirt. I swam in the Hudson River in New York City two weeks ago - and I say this definitely qualifies as swimming America's Waterways. But the miles I do everyday will be well worth it.