PDA

View Full Version : We have hit the big time!

Sam Perry
July 19th, 2008, 08:47 AM
A friend emailed this to me yesterday. We are obviously in an Olympic year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6SgU29F_dI

tjrpatt
July 19th, 2008, 09:24 AM
it is about freaking time. Now, is Sportscenter going to more swimming coverage in Non-Olympic years. Just asking! But, that is still pretty cool that they did a spot with Phelps.

elise526
July 19th, 2008, 09:41 AM
A friend emailed this to me yesterday. We are obviously in an Olympic year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6SgU29F_dI

Awesome! Coached a fun meet a couple of days ago. Had a whole heat of six and under boys that did 25 fly! Wonder who inspired them?!

USMSarah
July 19th, 2008, 12:47 PM
OMG, that was hilarious. I LOVE those ESPN commercials!!!

knelson
July 19th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Now, is Sportscenter going to more swimming coverage in Non-Olympic years.

Of course not.

There's so much poker to show and so little time...

tjrpatt
July 20th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Kirk,
That might also cut into the food eating contests. You know, food eating is such an important sport!!!! I am happy about the spot but it is should have been done in 2003 after Michael's World Championship performance.

Sam Perry
July 20th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Did anyone watch the national Ro-Sham-Bo championships on FSN? Now that was great TV. I am not joking either, FSN actually did show a Rock-Paper-Scissors competition. Sad, but I did find myself watching it, shows how exciting my life is.:notworking:

knelson
July 20th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I wonder what the peak years are for athletes in rock-paper-scissors? Could an athlete in their forties realistically still compete at the top level? :)

smontanaro
July 21st, 2008, 12:22 PM
I wonder what the peak years are for athletes in rock-paper-scissors? Could an athlete in their forties realistically still compete at the top level? :)

We were at the beach a few days ago and a couple of the lifeguards were doing rock-paper-scissors. Their cadence was way too fast for me. They also did several "games" in quick succession. I'm certain I couldn't keep up at my advanced age. I'd be worn out for days and probably suffer from some sort of RSI in my wrists or knuckles. :toohurt:

Skip