PDA

View Full Version : Looking for stroke assistance

jgale
July 20th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I live in southern Maine and am looking for someone to work with me on my stroke. I am an ex-long time runner with a bad knee. I swim with a local masters group but am feeling the need for some more individualized work on my stroke. Any suggestions in the southern Maine area? Individual coaches for hire? Stroke clinics?

Thanks.

September 22nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
New England Masters has a group called NEM Video Clinics. This group can visit almost anywhere in New England to run a stroke clinic. This is usually a four-hour affair in which underwater and above water film clips are made. They are then processed and sent to each swimmer with a critique. The high quality film clips can be viewed on computer using a program such as Canon Zoombrowser or HandiAvi. They can be viewed one frame at a time for extreme detail. There is nothing like seeing your stroke and reading critical comments about what to fix or not fix. By the way the Clinic has run programs as far north as Middlebury College and as far south as Martha's Vineyard. So southern Maine probably wouldn't be a problem.

Taru
October 31st, 2009, 10:51 PM
Id be glad to answer your questions on stroke technique. I was a NCAA Champ in 1975 and swam for hall of famer Charles Silvia. My E is bbbbhcta@comcast.net