PDA

View Full Version : New Mexico Masters?

born2fly
July 21st, 2008, 11:00 AM
Im traveling out to Santa Fe this Wednesday for two weeks for work. Can anyone recommend a good place (team) to train with out there?

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Paul Smith
July 21st, 2008, 07:02 PM
Im traveling out to Santa Fe this Wednesday for two weeks for work. Can anyone recommend a good place (team) to train with out there?

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Greg, we just got into Santa Fe and will be here only till tomorrow afternoon. Sadly although there is a great facility here (indoor 50m x 25y, Genoveva Chavez Center) there is really not much going on as far as masters. Haven't been to the Salvador pool in years so can't help you there.

Make sure you try and eat at The Shed; http://www.sfshed.com/Restaurant.html

born2fly
July 21st, 2008, 08:34 PM
Hey Paul,
Yeah, I saw that Genova center, thats about 2 miles from where Im staying. On website it showed masters practices from 6-730am, is that not accurate? Either way I can crank out yardage on my own.

Ok, I got a place to eat, but where is there to go to :drink:

greg

Paul Smith
July 21st, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hey Paul,
Yeah, I saw that Genova center, thats about 2 miles from where Im staying. On website it showed masters practices from 6-730am, is that not accurate? Either way I can crank out yardage on my own.

Ok, I got a place to eat, but where is there to go to :drink:

greg

Greg, things may have changed...but we come thru about once a month and only saw an actual "workout" (with about 4 swimmers) going on once...

SF has so many awesome places to go out its hard to pin it down, however if you want a few drinks on the plaza check out the Ore House:
http://www.orehouseontheplaza.com/

Also, not sure you can get away but one of the best high altitude pools in the world is in Los Alamos. They have a much bigger workout group...the area is beutiful (ignore the developing the "A" bomb) and at about 8000' your gonna get a great workout in!