PDA

View Full Version : When USMS swimmers badly need to get a job!

SwimStud
July 21st, 2008, 08:53 PM
I submit the below attachment...

chaos
July 21st, 2008, 09:15 PM
hey thats nice....i think......er.....what is it exactly?

do they come in a "free range" version?

CreamPuff
July 21st, 2008, 09:22 PM
It makes me think of Ms. Pac Man. And DOS.
I LOVE Ms. Pac Man!

SwimStud
July 21st, 2008, 09:28 PM
It's something that I made with my kid's craft set. It's tiny short tubes of coloured plastic. I arranged them into the familiar logo added CT on there for fun and then ironed it together. I'm going to use it as a tag on my swim bag!

ensignada
July 21st, 2008, 09:44 PM
Can basket weaving be far behind?

funkyfish
July 21st, 2008, 10:40 PM
That's awesome! My 5 yr old daughter has the same stuff and she makes flowers and various abstract designs. It's also funny because a friend of mine used to work for a craft company that makes that stuff. He put his artistic talent into designing paint-by-number and needlework projects.
:groovy:

ALM
July 21st, 2008, 11:27 PM
When I first saw the photo I thought that SwimStud had taken up either knitting or crocheting...

knelson
July 22nd, 2008, 12:36 AM
Oh yes, the coveted USMS pot-holder.

craiglll@yahoo.com
July 22nd, 2008, 02:10 AM
I went to college with a woman who works for hallmark. SHe designs/determines color sets for the future. She works like four years into the future deciding what colors will be popular and enjoyed by people in the future. she says she is reponsible for the wide use of browns that are popular right now. If I have her look at your creative artwork, would you like to know her response?

gull
July 22nd, 2008, 08:26 AM
You have made a lot of progress. I think you're ready to be let out on a weekend pass.

aquageek
July 22nd, 2008, 08:29 AM
I laughed and then I cried. I thought it was a 40s era pot-holder. I think you are ready to step up to Etch-A-Sketch artwork next, Hurley.

(S)he-man - if you are using terms like DOS and Pac-Man, there's a really good chance you are a geek.

CreamPuff
July 22nd, 2008, 08:49 AM
You have made a lot of progress. I think you're ready to be let out on a weekend pass.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Geek, I think it's safe to say when you desperately want to be a geek, you are not one. The best I can do is Geek by Blood and Marriage. Hubby's a tech geek and my cousins won some kind of Pac Man National Tournament back in the day. Prize was an actual Ms. Pac Man machine which was put in the middle of their living room. I got pretty good at it!

Stud, I thought it was either a doily or designer toilet paper! I'd like to order some USMS TP from you please.

The Fortress
July 22nd, 2008, 09:28 AM
I knew exactly what it was because I'm mostly a SAHM. lol. But well done, SAHD Stud. Maybe you and my littlest can do craft projects during zones.

SwimStud
July 22nd, 2008, 10:20 AM
I went to college with a woman who works for hallmark. SHe designs/determines color sets for the future. She works like four years into the future deciding what colors will be popular and enjoyed by people in the future. she says she is reponsible for the wide use of browns that are popular right now. If I have her look at your creative artwork, would you like to know her response?

Heck why not? I like being creative! I should start a business making these and selling them at meets!

Fort, sure, I'll teach her some amusing "English" things to say as well...in addition to a few choice ones for when the beads fall off!

Geek and Gull, I'll make you matching ones with "AE" as the initials for "Axis of Evil."

matysekj
July 22nd, 2008, 10:39 AM
Perler beads! My kids were masters of that art form when they were little. It was the only use the iron in my house ever got.

swimshark
July 22nd, 2008, 03:51 PM
Stud, you need to start giving craft classes to all the kids in the neighborhood.

SwimStud
July 22nd, 2008, 03:56 PM
Stud, you need to start giving craft classes to all the kids in the neighborhood.
Belay your mocking! You're just envious of my artistry...:D

swimshark
July 22nd, 2008, 04:13 PM
Since you don't have a job Stud, are you coming to Nationals?

SwimStud
July 22nd, 2008, 04:43 PM
Since you don't have a job Stud, are you coming to Nationals?

Well I was planning too but then I went to Disney (see below) and was photographed outside Bill V's summer home, and was informed that they are not accepting non-Olympians this year!! So feeling a little slighted I have chosen not to attend...
;)

scyfreestyler
July 22nd, 2008, 04:46 PM
Eat Sleep Swim. Nice shirt Stud Man.

Save your fast swimming for SCY Nats next year.

SwimStud
July 22nd, 2008, 04:49 PM
Eat Sleep Swim. Nice shirt Stud Man.

That shirt is hilarious. Got it at the NEM SCM champs last December.

Reads :I eat. I sleep. I swim"
Maybe we need to add a guy at the computer and the caption "I troll!"