PDA

View Full Version : Clear Lake Pool or Masters?

scott.k.moore
July 23rd, 2008, 10:18 AM
All,

I'm now regularly traveling to the Clear Lake area (South of Houston) and I can't seem to find a 25/50 meter outdoor pool in the area. Does anyone know of one - or a good master's group in this area?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Karlene
July 23rd, 2008, 02:20 PM
No good outdoor pools right in the Clear Lake area. And right now any outdoor pools are way too hot (88) to train in. I swim indoors at Williams Pool in the Sterling Knoll subdivision off of Highway 3. Good hours (opens at 5:30 a.m. on weekdays), 10 lanes, 25 yards. Has a pace clock and flags. I normally train when the pool first opens at 5:30. There is no masters group in the area. PM me if you need more info or want to try to swim together.

scott.k.moore
July 23rd, 2008, 03:10 PM
Thanks so much for the info Karlene.... I may need to get more specific directions from you later, as I'm not very experienced in navigating the Clear Lake area.

Sooner
August 25th, 2008, 08:08 PM
All,

I'm now regularly traveling to the Clear Lake area (South of Houston) and I can't seem to find a 25/50 meter outdoor pool in the area. Does anyone know of one - or a good master's group in this area?

Thanks in advance for your help!

you may want to check out the Rice Masters. They have morning practice at Rice on Tues, Thurs and Friday and evening practices near the Astrodome. That might be relatively convenient.

http://www.teamunify.com/Home.jsp?team=gura