PDA

View Full Version : Jessica Hardy-Amazing

gull
July 31st, 2008, 04:03 PM
Now we have a proper thread to discuss Ms. Hardy.

tjburk
July 31st, 2008, 04:05 PM
Like others on here....I will wait for the final outcome......

USMSarah
July 31st, 2008, 04:05 PM
Now that is pretty funny (the title of post).

:laugh2:

aquageek
July 31st, 2008, 04:25 PM
I want everyone to know she's my hero, she's my idol. She's the poster child for all things swimming.

tjburk
July 31st, 2008, 04:27 PM
I want everyone to know she's my hero, she's my idol. She's the poster child for all things swimming.

Now you're talking sense!!!!!!:roids::mooning:

swimr4life
July 31st, 2008, 04:31 PM

bite me you geek

aquageek
July 31st, 2008, 04:32 PM
Hey, I defended Advocare, give me a little credit!!!

scyfreestyler
July 31st, 2008, 04:32 PM
bite me you geek

Get a room you two...sheesh. :shakeshead:

gull
July 31st, 2008, 04:38 PM
Like others on here....I will wait for the final outcome......

I know what you mean. I am on the edge of my seat. A failed drug test, followed by the usual denials, then on to the appeal. I just can't imagine what will happen next.

3strokes
July 31st, 2008, 04:41 PM
I know what you mean. I am on the edge of my seat. A failed drug test, followed by the usual denials, then on to the appeal. I just can't imagine what will happen next.

The movie?

scyfreestyler
July 31st, 2008, 04:43 PM
http://www.swimnetwork.com/blogs/blog/20080728/gold_medal_mel__a_hardy_window-1057.html

George and company can use this to fan the flames. :bolt:

pwolf66
July 31st, 2008, 04:56 PM
Hmm, contaminated supplements, hmm. Once again with the supplements. Why even RISK something that you have ZERO control over and that has been proven over and over again to be a predominatly UNREGULATED industry? Sure, poor judgement is not a crime, but it's not an excuse either.

Paul Smith
July 31st, 2008, 05:02 PM
A poster on TRC provided this link which I didn't know existed. George, have at it...all kinds of folks on here that tested positive for a little bit of everything waiting for a "champion" such as yourself to stand up and make lame arguments about tainted cigarettes with pot in them.

http://www.fina.org/project/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=38&Itemid=126

gull
July 31st, 2008, 05:05 PM
From the WADA Athlete Guide:

Athletes should know that, under the Code, they are strictly liable whenever a prohibited substance is found in their bodily specimen. This means that a violation occurs whether or not the athlete intentionally or unintentionally, knowingly or unknowingly, used a prohibited substance or was negligent or otherwise at fault. It is very important therefore for athletes to understand not only what is prohibited, but also what might potentially cause an inadvertent doping violation...

Extreme caution is recommended regarding supplement use. It is WADA's position that a good diet is of utmost importance to athletes. The use of dietary supplements by athletes is a concern because in many countries the manufacturing and labeling of supplements may not follow strict rules, which may lead to a supplement containing an undeclared substance that is prohibited under anti-doping regulations. A significant number of positive tests have been attributed to the misuse of supplements, and taking a poorly labeled dietary supplement is not an adequate defense in a doping hearing.

Rain Man
July 31st, 2008, 05:14 PM
Hmm, contaminated supplements, hmm. Once again with the supplements. Why even RISK something that you have ZERO control over and that has been proven over and over again to be a predominatly UNREGULATED industry? Sure, poor judgement is not a crime, but it's not an excuse either.

Exactly. She's a professional, she knows the rules. I guess every American that tests positive has to resort to "didn't know about it", "must have been contaminated", "probably a supplement problem" blah blah blah. The threshold levels are high, not saying it's impossible, but it's unlikely. Some people cheat. Some cheaters get caught. Screw the dopers.

aquageek
July 31st, 2008, 05:14 PM
I don't know gull, that doesn't seem very specific. I could see how someone could be confused by all the vague language in that.

Stillhere
July 31st, 2008, 05:18 PM
I just listened to a news quoting sources that Lee Harvey Oswald spiked JH supplement bottle with PED. His "MISSION" was to help communist country swimmers earn more gold medals in China.

Gosh, just when you thought you had it all figured out this comes along...You have to admit though, this is pretty credible considering the other possible scenarios and excuses given---My question is, Do you think they maybe shook hands at the meet in Neb.? I hope the surveillance cameras got this on tape so she can use that evidence in her appeal.

BillS
July 31st, 2008, 06:06 PM

The movie?

I assume this will be an Oliver Stone film?

pwolf66
July 31st, 2008, 06:13 PM
I assume this will be an Oliver Stone film?

or maybe a Spike Lee Joint?

chowmi
July 31st, 2008, 06:16 PM
No, something sappy like Lifetime Women's Network. Someone on those shows is always being victimized or dating a guy that killed his first wife, or teenagers that run away to be prostitutes and mom's valiant fight to get them back. It'd be perfect!

Tori Spelling can play Jessica and we can all yell at the TV when the silly swimming scenes are reenacted.

scyfreestyler
July 31st, 2008, 06:24 PM
Who would play the blowhard chatterboxes on the USMS forum?

Stillhere
July 31st, 2008, 06:34 PM
scyfreestyler---you would!

gull
July 31st, 2008, 06:48 PM
I was thinking that Daniel Craig could play me, but I don't know who would play the blowhard chatterboxes.

tjburk
July 31st, 2008, 07:09 PM
Obviously only a few people around here have ever heard about tainted testing....breaking the chain of custody....those little annoying things that can happen with the amount of testing going on.....would it put her back on the team.....NO......if that is the case it would still be a 2 year suspension. But again......I will wait for the final appeal decision.......

If it turns out it was voluntary......my opinion.....banned for life from competing.........No tolerance is the only way the message will get through to people....

Stillhere
July 31st, 2008, 07:41 PM
That a way Tracy---Dead on there. Caught--proved--you're out!

quicksilver
July 31st, 2008, 08:44 PM
Said Hardy after finding out she tested positive...

"I was taking notes right when she called, to write down my information and everything and I spelled the drug name wrong even... I was devastated."

Hmmm....

Many doctors may not know how to spell clenbuterol either.
Just because college boy couldn't spell Heineken, doesn't mean that he didn't drink seven of them last night during the ball game.

ALM
July 31st, 2008, 09:52 PM
From
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2008/07/30/2008-07-30_jessica_hardys_doping_meeting_shrouded_i.html

Hardy's defenders have pointed to drug tests Hardy passed on July 1 and July 6 - as well as Jacobs' characterization of the failed test's findings as a "low positive" - as indications that she is a victim of a false positive.

Jacobs declined to say if he will make that argument, refusing to discuss strategy for the hearing.

Using an anabolic agent during a high-profile, heavily-screened swim meet sounds reckless, but it is precisely the time and place to use drugs that promote muscle recovery, according to BALCO founder and performance-enhancement guru Victor Conte.

"We used THG immediately after the competition," Conte said, referring to the designer drug he dispensed to world-class athletes before getting busted by the feds in 2003. "Because of the exertion and the micro-tears, you need to facilitate healing and recovery."

Hardy, however, claims not to have heard of the drug until notified of her failed test on July 21. Her coach, Dave Salo, suggested to reporters that Hardy should consider whether she ingested a contaminated supplement.

Salo happens to have coached Kicker Vencill, an elite swimmer who was banned for a positive drug test, blamed it on supplement producer Ultimate Nutrition, and later won a half-million-dollar jury award from the Connecticut-based company.

Jacobs was Vencill's lawyer in that case. He has also represented Floyd Landis, Tim Montgomery and Tyler Hamilton, carving out a niche as the country's leading defense attorney for athletes snagged in doping scandals.

matysekj
July 31st, 2008, 10:00 PM
Just because college boy couldn't spell Heineken, doesn't mean that he didn't drink seven of them last night during the ball game.

Wow, what college did you go to? Heineken?????? Only seven?????

geochuck
August 1st, 2008, 08:07 AM
What is wrong with a little Clenbuterol I have heard it is legal in Canada?
http://www.steroid.com/Clenbuterol.php

I am going toquit training and by me a batch of exercise in a pill, son to come to a drug store near you http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/Fitness/story?id=5488202&page=1

tjburk
August 1st, 2008, 09:12 AM
Wow, what college did you go to? Heineken?????? Only seven?????

Here, here......unleash "The Beast". Seven is just getting started.....what was next? If it wasn't Tequila he needs to stay home and knit!!!!!

quicksilver
August 1st, 2008, 09:34 AM
Here, here......unleash "The Beast". Seven is just getting started.....what was next? If it wasn't Tequila he needs to stay home and knit!!!!!

Can't spell Tequila neither.

Had about twenty of those.

Rob Copeland
August 1st, 2008, 10:00 AM
I was thinking that Daniel Craig could play me, but I don't know who would play the blowhard chatterboxes.And maybe we can get Nick Nolte (www.mugshots.net/nick_nolte ) or Paul Reubens (www.mugshots.net/pee_wee_herman/index.html ) to play the geek:shakeshead:

tjburk
August 1st, 2008, 10:10 AM
Based on past history and forum knowledge it would need to be a morph of both of those pictures!!!!!

aquageek
August 1st, 2008, 10:20 AM
I'm becoming increasingly annoyed with Georgia residents, despite being married to a product of that state, especially the two peanut dirt farming hillbillies from Warner Robbins aka Gnat City, USA and Fayetteville aka Teeth Optional, USA. If you two twinkie eating dillweeds ever get off your pleather sofa in the media center of your single-wide, meet me down by the creek for an arse whoopin'.

If anyone is gonna play me in a movie it will be Jorge Garcia. I'll do my own stunts, I'm good with the kung-fu and whatnot.

david.margrave
August 1st, 2008, 10:33 AM
I've certainly heard of it and heard the then-IG of the Department of Defense (Derek Vander Schaaf) talk about it in the early 90s when he visited my university's ROTC program. Procedures at one lab were so sloppy that none of the results should have been trusted. And the military proceeded to throw out pilots trained at millions of dollars of taxpayer expense. Only much later did they say "gee, we made a mistake!"

Why would it still be a 2-year suspension if the test was tainted?

Obviously only a few people around here have ever heard about tainted testing....breaking the chain of custody....those little annoying things that can happen with the amount of testing going on.....would it put her back on the team.....NO......if that is the case it would still be a 2 year suspension. But again......I will wait for the final appeal decision.......

If it turns out it was voluntary......my opinion.....banned for life from competing.........No tolerance is the only way the message will get through to people....

tjburk
August 1st, 2008, 10:56 AM
Sorry, if the test was proved to be tainted she could be re-instated completely.....if the testing was not tainted and the chain of custody was not broken and it was determined to be in a supplement she had taken like Kicker.....her suspension would still be 2 years.

scyfreestyler
August 1st, 2008, 11:15 AM
I was thinking that Daniel Craig could play me, but I don't know who would play the blowhard chatterboxes.
I've got a few ideas....:rolleyes:.

As for your new avatar, I have become so accustomed to looking at your pet bird that I am failing to recognize which posts are yours.

BillS
August 1st, 2008, 11:15 AM
meet me down by the creek for an arse whoopin'.

Sorry, but this only conjures up mental images of Ned Beatty in Deliverance for me. Squeal like a pig, Geek.

tjburk
August 1st, 2008, 11:19 AM
I'm becoming increasingly annoyed with Georgia residents, despite being married to a product of that state, especially the two peanut dirt farming hillbillies from Warner Robbins aka Gnat City, USA and Fayetteville aka Teeth Optional, USA. If you two twinkie eating dillweeds ever get off your pleather sofa in the media center of your single-wide, meet me down by the creek for an arse whoopin'.

If anyone is gonna play me in a movie it will be Jorge Garcia. I'll do my own stunts, I'm good with the kung-fu and whatnot.

You shore got a purty mouth boy.......

gull
August 1st, 2008, 11:32 AM
Hey, who changed the title of my thread?

aquageek
August 1st, 2008, 11:36 AM
Please change the title of the thread back and please ban gull for life for using that avatar.

scyfreestyler
August 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM
These avatars are confusing. Geek's avatar is supposed to be geek and gull from a recent bowhunting trip with Ted Nugent. But neither one of them looks like the man in gull's avatar, which is supposed to be gull. Hmm?

gull
August 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM
Please change the title of the thread back and please ban gull for life for using that avatar.

You are just jealous because you don't have abs like me.

aquageek
August 1st, 2008, 03:34 PM
You are just jealous because you don't have abs like me.

Apologies, I should have said to return your buzzard avatar.

quicksilver
August 1st, 2008, 03:51 PM
Hey, who changed the title of my thread?

The moderator made a personal judgement call.
She is ...not amazing.

And yes change that avatar before geek comes down there and makes you squeal like a pig.

(BTW, you can hear that lovely banjo music in the background if you look at his too long.)

aquageek
August 1st, 2008, 03:58 PM
quicksilver - I've put you on the list now also

quicksilver
August 1st, 2008, 05:58 PM
Thank you for the warning.

I guess this year's Cahulawassee River rafting will have to be postponed...Bummer.

But I know where you live...
http://www.dba-oracle.com/redneck.htm

Midas
August 1st, 2008, 06:59 PM
Here's a dumb question that I'm sure has been answered elsewhere but I don't know how to look for it. If Jessica Hardy is banned for life from competitive swimming, would that include US Masters Swimming?

old dog
August 1st, 2008, 06:59 PM
The hearing set to take place in California today have sure been silent. I wonder if they heard JH's appeal and if they ruled????

quicksilver
August 1st, 2008, 07:57 PM
If Jessica Hardy is banned for life from competitive swimming, would that include US Masters Swimming?

I would think not.
The ban would be for international ~ FINA competitions...not usms.

Besides, masters swimming does not drug test. (yet)
Therefore she could compete and be free to ingest all the clenbuterol, geritol, and tequila that she could handle.

The Fortress
August 1st, 2008, 08:04 PM
I think Gull should keep the avatar, personally. Good choice! I'd rather look at Gull's film persona than the vulture.

I was watching DVR'd trials tonight and saw Jessica's 50 free semi-final. The announcer said "Where did she come from?" lol (As an aside, Weber-Gale looked very tubby next to Wildman-Tobriner.)

talne621
August 1st, 2008, 08:59 PM
http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/lane9/news/18673.asp?q=Jessica%20Hardy%20Stops%20Positive%20T est%20Appeal
Jessica Hardy postponed her appeal to after Beijing Olympics.

ALM
August 1st, 2008, 09:08 PM
http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/lane9/news/18673.asp?q=Jessica%20Hardy%20Stops%20Positive%20T est%20Appeal
Jessica Hardy postponed her appeal to after Beijing Olympics.

How ironic is this? Click through to the actual article from the "Press-Telegram". Directly underneath the story is an advertisment for a supplement that features a photo of Lance Armstrong: "Tired of being tired? Fight fatigue and support immune system. Try it free. FRS healthy energy."

ViveBene
August 1st, 2008, 11:42 PM
The ad has changed to a mild one for a department store.

How ironic is this? Click through to the actual article from the "Press-Telegram". Directly underneath the story is an advertisment for a supplement that features a photo of Lance Armstrong: "Tired of being tired? Fight fatigue and support immune system. Try it free. FRS healthy energy."

Paul Smith
August 2nd, 2008, 08:27 PM
The moderator made a personal judgement call.
She is ...not amazing.

And yes change that avatar before geek comes down there and makes you squeal like a pig.

(BTW, you can hear that lovely banjo music in the background if you look at his too long.)

Judgement call? This is complete BS....hey moderator please explain your censorship here.

Stillhere
August 2nd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Paul:
Humble suggestion--do not tweak big brother---they can get rather tough when tweaked---trust me!

Paul Smith
August 2nd, 2008, 11:53 PM
Paul:
Humble suggestion--do not tweak big brother---they can get rather tough when tweaked---trust me!

I stand by my statement. Were politics or religion discussed? And i would debate that rule....but to purposely change the title of a thread is absolutely WRONG and I for one want to hear the reasoning and who made the call?

No that it matters to anyone and in fact many would be happy to hear it...but if this is the way things are going to be run on this site I'm outta here.

scyfreestyler
August 3rd, 2008, 12:04 AM
They took out a rather obviously cynical portion of a thread title. The content of the thread remains intact, which is really the most important part I would think. Why is the title change so important to you?

The Fortress
August 3rd, 2008, 08:29 AM
Why change it if it's just cynical or tongue in cheek though? Doesn't seem necessary.

I recall JS's triathlete thread title was altered as well.

gull
August 3rd, 2008, 09:26 AM
It's all good. I fixed it.

Paul Smith
August 3rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
They took out a rather obviously cynical portion of a thread title. The content of the thread remains intact, which is really the most important part I would think. Why is the title change so important to you?

It's only important to me if a moderator edited it (which they didn't) because I see that as BS censorship. If there's a line crossed either close the thread or post a warning or both, but if someone was going in changing posts we have a bigger problem.

gull
August 3rd, 2008, 09:51 AM
For the record, I did not delete "Amazing." But I put it back.

geochuck
August 3rd, 2008, 01:17 PM
Happy days are here again the name of the thread is back in place..

Gull do you think it will remain?

I hope so.

I have been away for a couple of days. Did Jessica get atwo year ban or lifeterm ban???

Or are things still unsettled???

USMSarah
August 3rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
For the record, I did not delete "Amazing." But I put it back.

I'm glad it's back... like I said before, that was hilarious. Thank you for the laugh.

Anyways, this may be a stupid question... but what happens to an athlete during the 2 year ban? Are they not allowed to practice with a USS team or what goes on? Are they just not allowed to compete? If anyone knows, I'd really like to hear about it.

Allen Stark
August 3rd, 2008, 03:54 PM
These avatars are confusing. Geek's avatar is supposed to be geek and gull from a recent bowhunting trip with Ted Nugent. But neither one of them looks like the man in gull's avatar, which is supposed to be gull. Hmm?
Obviously this is a picture of Geek and George discussing who is a cheat and who is slandered.:rofl:

geochuck
August 3rd, 2008, 04:21 PM
It is impossible to slander Geek he is God in my eyes. Or did I mean to say Good in my eyes???