PDA

View Full Version : You be the judge and jury

Rain Man
August 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
Just want to gauge perception for my own interests here. I am posting a poll to ask your opinion of the JH saga.

tjburk
August 4th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Need to put another box on there......

Not enough information yet to make a confirmation of what really happened.

Rain Man
August 4th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I don't think so - I thought option 2, "Has accidentally used the banned substance, or was victim of a contaminated substance?" encompasses a lot of possibilities. When A and B samples come back positive from a drug test, there's evidence that it was in her body. If you believe it was an accident, then vote option 2.

We have to stop looking at USA-Swimming through rose-colored goggles. We'd be ready to hang a foreign swimmer on this much evidence, why do we so vehemently go to the opposite end of the spectrum for an American swimmer? We're ready to fight the doping agencies, blame test procedures, find fault with the supplement manufacturers, all the while ignoring the facts of the case. Jessica Hardy, an American swimmer, tested positive under USADA doping control procedures at the Olympic Trials.

tjburk
August 4th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I personally give the same chance to all athletes out there......regardless of home of origin....

Iwannafly
August 4th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Need to put another box on there......

Not enough information yet to make a confirmation of what really happened.

Why can't this fall under the "None of the Above" box?

tjburk
August 4th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Why can't this fall under the "None of the Above" box?

That's what I answered.

thewookiee
August 4th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I have to side with Tracy on this one. None of us are disputing that she tested positive.

What some of us have been asking everyone, let's wait to see what the information that is presented to USADA contains.

She may very well have purposely taking the stuff. She may also not have known every single particle that was in her supplements or a bad supplement got sent to her.

We simply to do not know anything other than a positive test. That doesn't not necessarily make her a liar/cheat/blatant doper.

Since none of us know her or are around her all the time, we cannot say for sure she "willing" or "knowingly" did what most people are accusing her of doing.

Let's wait to see what happens with the meeting with USADA. We all know she will face a ban but beyond that, we don't know squat.

Iwannafly
August 4th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I agree with both of you that she may be just naive (or stupid) for taking so many supplements and I have argued very vociferously that very point on the other thread. However, poll asks what you believe. I believe that she knowingly cheated. That's just my belief and I will be entirely willing to forgive her if it comes out that she had clenbuterol in her system due to some set of circumstances other than intentionally putting it in her body. I also hope that my belief turns out to be wrong. I would rather give her benefit of the doubt, but past experiences have led me to view a positive screening as my 'line in the sand'.

hofffam
August 4th, 2008, 03:58 PM
The question asked was "Do you believe....."

not "Do the facts say..."

So the choices reasonable for the question that was asked.

We don't KNOW how the clenbuterol got into her body although Hardy's lawyer seems to have an idea.