PDA

View Full Version : Park may withdraw

geochuck
August 4th, 2008, 11:27 AM
George Park may withdraw from the USM Longcourse Championships.

Not because of Clenbuterol use.

He has started bringing up everytime he tries to eat something. It has now been active for three days.

No Fort I am truely sick.

Gull it is not because of Margaritas.

Geek it is not because I am afraid you are going to be there and leave me so far behind.

It is the internal goings on at both ends. If it does not stop I will go to the Hospital. Oh Canada no charge for my Medical.

Stillhere
August 4th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Hope you get better soon George!

geochuck
August 4th, 2008, 11:34 AM
I had some homemade Lagsagna that a friend made. She had bought a noodle maker and of course used 10 eggs from her own chickens and 5 cups of flour and used that home made pasta. Could it have come from the free run eggs???

tjburk
August 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Hope all is well George!!!!! Were the Chickens fed Clen? Just kidding!!!! Really do hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!!

ViveBene
August 4th, 2008, 11:45 AM
George,
You will be so much lighter and will fly through the water!

VB

(P.S.: not necessarily free-range chickens themselves, but all sorts of things can get in during food prep.)

pwolf66
August 4th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Plenty of rest, plenty of fluids. Hope you feel better as I would love to meet you!!!

tomtopo
August 4th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Clear fluids, rest, and watch funny movies. Good luck partner!~

USMSarah
August 4th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Please go to the doctor now.

swimshark
August 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I hope you get better soon and can join us in Oregon.

swimr4life
August 4th, 2008, 04:20 PM
How are you George? I'm so sorry you're sick. Please let us know how you are!

aquageek
August 4th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I know many were looking forward to meeting you in person so I'm sorry to hear you be illin'.

geochuck
August 4th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I took a drink of milk about 10.00 this morning and the bringing up started again. Chuckie went to the store and bought me some soda water. Which I drank a couple of glase of it. I burped but the other stopped. I will soda water it for a while.

Thanks for the concern. I will be at the meet. I will more then likely swim the 50 & the 100 free but will decide when I am there. If this stays with me for to long I may have to change my mind about going.

I am feeling a bit better at the moment, I am not in a cold sweat.

Today is BC Day and is a holiday for the doctors, I will see him in the morning if this continues.

swimr4life
August 5th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Ginger ale is a wonder drug for an upset stomach. Ginger calms the digestive system.

geochuck
August 5th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Tom I just viewed something that was forwarded to me and have discussed it with a coach friend of mine in Brazil. His comments Awsome, Wow, Just like Hackett and Thorpe swim. My comments what great information. http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/tomtopo-78276-pp-swimming-5-without-narration-Important-anEarly-Vertical-Forearm-Look-Results-Pictures-Search-Dreaded-Dro-w-Entertainment-ppt-powerpoint/

Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Clear fluids, rest, and watch funny movies. Good luck partner!~

3strokes
August 5th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Can't be Montezuma's revenge, now, George?

When I first read your post, I started saying, "Sh..." but then realized that that wouldn't do and almost switched to "Cr...p" and then switched to, "Ahmed. Shut up and just wish him well."

Take care :canada:

marksman
August 5th, 2008, 11:22 PM
This happened to me once, it really is so awful. Hope it resolves itself soon.

A help-line nurse told me to use Immodium A-D and call if things got worse. However you should just go in to the doctor, I think they can test for more serious problems (giardia?).

You shouldn't swim while you have an intestinal bug, it could spread. There are chlorine-resistant strains of some types of intestinal bugs (cryptosporidium).

The only reason I know about this stuff is that I swim in a pool that is open to the public during the summer, and I have had problems w/ it from time to time.

All this being said, go with whatever your doctor says of course.

geochuck
August 5th, 2008, 11:38 PM
5 days so far, no swim. Ribs are hurting from the heaving. I took my immodium and that has ended the one phase. But if I eat anything that is sweet I start to feel nausea. I have been very busy selling on the net the last few days. Two $20,400 dollar sales. But health is important, tomorrow I will go to the Doctor.

dorothyrde
August 6th, 2008, 06:02 AM
George, hope the Doc has an answer, get better!

Syd
August 6th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Hope you get better soon, George. I have been looking forward to you racing again. Take care.

Syd

geochuck
August 6th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks everyone I was getting very anxious to swim in Oregon. I may still go if I am not a risk to anyone. To the doctor this afternoon. I had a good sleep last night. Although I woke up in the night with major leg cramps.

If I am well enough to go I will go. If I am able to swim, I will swim. I may just do some pre race swimming and not race. It will be our (Chuckie and my) pleasure just to be at a meet and see some of the people I have come to know on the forum.

You must know that I am not feeling well but in my humour moment I thought the name of the thread would fit in with Jessica's withdraw from the Olympics.

That Guy
August 6th, 2008, 01:39 PM
You must know that I am not feeling well but in my humour moment I thought the name of the thread would fit in with Jessica's withdraw from the Olympics.

When I originally saw the thread title I thought it was about Tae-hwan Park. I hope you feel better George!

swimshark
August 6th, 2008, 04:09 PM
George, I hope you can make it and that you keep keeping the food down.

geochuck
August 6th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Great lunch today, proschiutto cotto, cerablatt salami, hot lean capicolli, havarti cheese and butter on a 9 grain ciabatta triangle bun.

Dinner was Shrimp, Pasta, smothered in butter 7 garlic.

No problems today so far.

tjburk
August 6th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Glad to hear it George!!!!!

Allen Stark
August 7th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Rest,keep warm,drink plenty of fluids and eat easy to digest food.I want to see you in OR,not the ER.

geochuck
August 9th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Doctor said everything basically good, he heard gurgling. He did the pressing of the lower belly and said there is no blockage, I already knew that.
He did give an antibiotic that I will start using on Sunday if I do not feel 100% on Sunday. I will not swim and we are going to make a decision about attending.

I have not been to the pool for a week did not want to give anyone else the bug.

geochuck
August 11th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I just gave up my room at the Best Western Pony Soldier Gresham. Someone called a momment before I called to cancel my room.

If you need a room one available.

The Dr said no go.