PDA

View Full Version : Phelps and legging LZR

zmontgo
August 9th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I noticed phelps is just using the leggings LZR, is he faster with the full suit LZR or is he faster with the leggings? both at trial and prelim heats he's used leggings and he's still managed to break world records.

tjrpatt
August 9th, 2008, 03:13 PM
He can wear board shorts and still be the best in the field. I am sorry but he has to be part dolphin or something. He is beyond amazing.

Allen Stark
August 9th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Many breaststrokers only wear the leggings as do some flyers.I think the streamlining advantage is mitigated by the lack of freedom for undulation.I am sure Phelps has tried every style available and that is what works for him.I don't think he could wear board shorts and beat Lochte.

zmontgo
August 9th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I think thats the burning question, do you go out and buy the full $550 suit and spend an additional $340???? ( not sure on price)the leggings just see see which one make you faster? " DAMN YOU ( as i stand in front of the buried statue of liberty beating my hands into the sand with apes riding on horses!!!!!!)

Allen Stark
August 9th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I just saw 400 IM prelims and Phelps was wearing a JAMMER!

cwilson
August 9th, 2008, 11:47 PM
It's not the suit...it's the man (or wo-man)

mattson
August 10th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I am sorry but he has to be part dolphin or something. He is beyond amazing.

I was amazed by the video made by some Japanese group, that was shown during the trials. Slow motion of him doing underwater dolphin kick, and his flexible feet snapping like flippers.

Betsy
August 10th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Trying the new suit..
A college swimmer who swam with my Masters group Friday told me that at the Open Meet you could "rent" a LZR to try it out. You had to give them a $500 deposit, but it was refunded in full when you returned the suit. She didn't like the way it fit on top, and she heard that Speedo was going to modify the top. Last night I noticed a lot of the women swimmers pulling and adjusting the top as they waited to swim. I wonder if the same offer will be available in Portland.

Allen Stark
August 10th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I noticed very few women were going with the high neck,and of course many men were going with the legging.I guess "chest compression" isn't a good idea.

Chris Stevenson
August 10th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I noticed very few women were going with the high neck,and of course many men were going with the legging.I guess "chest compression" isn't a good idea.

Maybe they are avoiding suits with the zipper, I've heart that there have been problems with it.