PDA

View Full Version : Aaron, you are the MAN!!!

pwolf66
August 11th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Not a great start but what a great 2nd 25 and that turn was awesome. And then just brought it home. 52.54?????? What a SWIM!!!!!

You are a big time performer when it matters most.

Also, way to go to Matt Grevers. ANOTHER PB and broke the existing WR for the silver.

thewookiee
August 11th, 2008, 10:38 PM
WAY TO GO AARON AND MATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was awesome!!!

USMSarah
August 11th, 2008, 11:54 PM
He is such an incredible competitor... I love the swims where the winner came from behind.

Matt Grevers coming in 2nd was AWESOME... man, is that kid TALL!

The US was 3 for 4 in gold medals tonight - how cool is that!?!?!?!?

marksman
August 12th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Thewookie, your avatar is hilarious, thanks for the laugh.

I didn't get to see these races, I'm really disappointed. Both Coughlin and Piersol didn't do all that hot in their semis. Looks like they were just being very smart.

And Grevers...wow. He may be Piersol's heir. And in a stroke that he doesn't consider his best.

FlyQueen
August 12th, 2008, 01:11 AM
That was re-dic! My love for Peirsol is well known but seriously that was all sorts of amazing. I knew when he was in second off the turn that he was fine. I love that he swims prelims and semis the way he does, conserving his energy, but darn it always makes me just a smidge nervous.

Great swims by Grevers, Natalie, Margaret, and Rebecca, too.

Salnikov22
August 12th, 2008, 01:55 AM
VIDEO: Aaron Peirsol World record - 100m backstroke (http://vinovo.magnify.net/video/Aaron-Peirsol-100-meter-backs)

Congrats to Aaron

quicksilver
August 12th, 2008, 09:03 AM
What a competitor. He literally leaves nothing in the pool.
That last 20 meters of the lap was right up there with Lezak's swim.

From a CNN article....

He confessed on Tuesday that the modest effort wasn't entirely strategic restraint. "I'm absolutely elated at how everything went," he said. "I had my doubts after yesterday, because everyone was swimming so well. [Winning] never gets old. Really it feels like the first time. I always train to be able to win on my worst day, and I knew what I had to do to get my hand on the wall."

Warren
August 12th, 2008, 01:38 PM
aaron piersol is the man. He's got that ability to win that most people don't have. He's got "it". The same way that John Elway, Micheal Jordan, and Phelps, got "it". He does it in a laid back style too, he is awesome.

lefty
August 12th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks guys, though I am not sure what I did.

- Aaron

marksman
August 12th, 2008, 06:00 PM
aaron piersol is the man. He's got that ability to win that most people don't have. He's got "it". The same way that John Elway, Micheal Jordan, and Phelps, got "it". He does it in a laid back style too, he is awesome.

I thought he looked and swam like he was physically ill in his prelims and semis.

Then he turns around at smash his WR. I feel stupid for doubting now.

tjburk
August 12th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Dude, like....totally....never underestimate the abilities of a Surfer!!!!!!

KeithM
August 12th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Peirsol is known for building through the prelims, semis, and finals.

We saw it at trials. In fact, it's rare that he swims from Lane 4 in finals in the 100 back

Flurpo
August 12th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Piersol is the definition of a real pro...I'm a huge fan of that guy...He has such a great attitude. Man he knows how to race. You just can't help but root for someone like that. Hope he takes the 200 also...:applaud::applaud::applaud:.