PDA

View Full Version : So, how many guys break 47?

Charge
August 13th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I'm tempted to say none, lot of speed was used yesterday. I'm curious to see how Lezak does. Clearly a 46.06 indicates he could be under 47 seconds but you have to wonder how much of that was the circumstances.

I'll go with two, Sullivan and Bernard going 46.9's

pwolf66
August 13th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Nope, none. Is was pretty 'slow'. Lezak's swim puts something interesting into the mix. What happens if Crocker beats Phelps in 100 Fly. Phelps went 47.51 to lead off, Lezak just went slower than that. Does Phelps anchor the medley?

Jazz Hands
August 13th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Nope, none. Is was pretty 'slow'. Lezak's swim puts something interesting into the mix. What happens if Crocker beats Phelps in 100 Fly. Phelps went 47.51 to lead off, Lezak just went slower than that. Does Phelps anchor the medley?

I say if a guy goes 46.0, he gets to anchor your relay.

FlyQueen
August 14th, 2008, 12:05 AM

No way! Lezak's anchor on that free leg assured him the swim in the medley relay. I cannot imagine them having any thoughts on pulling him. I am glad that I am not one of those coaches ... tough, though, decisions.

LindsayNB
August 14th, 2008, 12:09 AM
If Crocker wins the 100 fly he will for sure give one of the prelim or final fly legs to Phelps, he owes him that from Athens.

pwolf66
August 14th, 2008, 12:22 AM
If Crocker wins the 100 fly he will for sure give one of the prelim or final fly legs to Phelps, he owes him that from Athens.

Small problem with that theory. The Medley prelims are 12 hours before the 100 Fly final.

LindsayNB
August 14th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Small problem with that theory. The Medley prelims are 12 hours before the 100 Fly final.

Oops! Still, Crocker gets to swim the prelim, he will let Phelps swim the final ala what Phelps did for him in Athens.