thanks

jjpj:)

tomtopo
August 17th, 2008, 09:07 AM
impove lung capacity, stroke etc.?

Anyone using it? thoughts?

thanks

jjpj:)

I think the finis swim snorkle ( when used correctly ) can be used by coaches and swimmers to greatly improve the freestyle, butterfly and breaststroke. While you swim you can use it to examine your stroke. I also think it can help improve balance, streamlining, mechanics and timing. I think it's a great invention and should be in every swimmers training bag. Good luck, Coach T.

This is the one I'm talking about below:

http://www.swimlocker.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=42&gclid=COj-prT3lJUCFRoSFQodYU67AQ

hofffam
August 17th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I use the Finis freestyle snorkel. I don't use it as a lung related tool. I use it instead to work on freestyle technique. I have read of people restricting the airflow as a training technique but I have zero interest in reducing the flow of air into my lungs!

SwimStud
September 21st, 2008, 06:45 PM
Will a regular snorkel do the job if I'm using it for head position and stroke analysis? $30 is a lot for a fancy piece of plastic!

jjpj
September 21st, 2008, 08:28 PM
i use it for kick sets this way i don't have to strain my neck when head is up/down. for me its just for comfort.

As far as lung capacity goes, i try to include swim with no breathers one lenght (25m in my case) and breadth control is also important.

I swim freestyle so i do alternatin evry 3 strokes but often i do every 4 strokes - often feel like i am about to burst but already can feel the results.

jjpj

:wave:

Allen Stark
September 21st, 2008, 08:52 PM
I think the finis swim snorkle ( when used correctly ) can be used by coaches and swimmers to greatly improve the freestyle, butterfly and breaststroke. While you swim you can use it to examine your stroke. I also think it can help improve balance, streamlining, mechanics and timing. I think it's a great invention and should be in every swimmers training bag. Good luck, Coach T.

This is the one I'm talking about below:

http://www.swimlocker.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=42&gclid=COj-prT3lJUCFRoSFQodYU67AQ
Yep,but I doubt that it helps with lung capacity.I know there is a theoretical possibility,but I have no problem breathing with mine.I have used a regular snorkel before on kicking sets(before I got my Finis) and it was OK for that,but not for regular swimming.
Here is another trick they are good for.To make sure you keep your head down in breaststroke turn the tube around so the mouthpiece faces the wrong way, then put it on upside down and backwards so the long part of the tube runs down your back.It keeps your head down without having to tighten your neck like the infamous tennis ball drill does.