PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Question...

Redwood13
August 16th, 2008, 01:27 AM
hey guys,

so first off, im sorry if you guys have seen posts like this a million times before, i just wasnt sure where else to ask.

im still a relatively new swimmer. i swam on my high school's team starting my sophmore year for three months, then, for financial reasons, skipped out on club swimming for the rest of the year. i rejoined my junior year and joined club after that ended. ever sense i rejoined the high school team, i've been dropping decent amounts of time consistently. i can pull around a 23 in the 50SCY and around a 52 in 100.

im now going into my senior year and im hoping to continue dropping time, and possibly take a couple of first places in our State.

tired of low quality jammers bought from a local sports retailer, im scouting for some high quality suit that may help this year. i was wondering what you guys would suggest to a swimmer of my level. i have a decent amount of money saved up after working all summer, and im willing to spend it if it would count.

anyways, sorry for the long post :p
any advice helps :)

jim thornton
August 16th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I personally recommend getting a deal on a Speedo Fast Skin I kneeskin body suit. I got one of these not too long ago for $75, but prices vary. You might go faster with one of the next generation suits, but not that much faster, so the added expense is not worth it. Save the suit for the meets, and keep it dry until you launch yourself off the blocks to glory!

hofffam
August 16th, 2008, 11:49 AM
What state do you live/compete it?